Best/worst DVD features ....

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant the Dragon, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

No!

2. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

Worst thing about the DVD's, at least the first two series is they are not named in the corridor where you pick the episode. Its just the numbers 1 through 6. Because I rip them to my HDD's either external or internal ,access to the packaging is sometimes hard for me. Its really kind of frustrating to click on a number and an episode I don't particularly want to see pops up. Not a huge deal I know, but its the "worst" feature I can find.

3. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I think the BBC series DVDs are fantastic tbh. Although they are a bit dated I still adore the menus where you move through the ship. Really awesome and entertaining. Good helping of extras too.

The series 10 menu is still quite good but I must say the graphics of the ship does look somewhat cheaper for obvious reasons.

On other thing, I notice Doug mentioned on twitter that he stopped the production of blu-ray versions of series 1-5. Probably best to leave well alone if the picture quality is not good enough and not an improvement on the DVD versions as he has mentioned as the reason why.

4. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

I agree totally, just wish the doors in series 1 and 2 were marked with the Title's instead of just numbers.

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

This thread has reminded me that I really need to get round to watching all the season 11 deleted scenes.

PeeJayHarvey likes this.
  6. Ant the Dragon

Thanks for the update

7. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I have the just the shows DVD collection so I don't think I have all the special features that were included with series 1-8 on the just the smegs DVDs. I didn't realise I would like Red Dwarf as much as I did otherwise I would've purchased series 1-8 individual collections. Red Dwarf was a blind purchase after seeing 1 episode on TV. By the time I decided that it was worth getting the series again it was out of print in Australia. So I've only seen what is included on Just the Smegs, The Body Snatchers collection (which is my favourite for behind the scence stuff,) BTE, X and XI. Not sure that I have a least favourite.

8. Ant the Dragon

Series two is pretty naff given that it’s just Andrew Ellard asking questions as the main feature.

Also, “ace Rimmer: a life in lame” was appalling.

9. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

Yeah that Ace Rimmer thing is really terrible. The Fan commentaries were really awful as well. I remember mentioning at the time the DVD's came out that they were a bit crap only to be given the business "no other DVD offers something like this" I was told...Well TBH I can see why.

10. Ant the Dragon

Correction - he didn’t like ME!!!!!!

I won’t go into it - but it’s where my arch nemesis Tex Rimmer and I began!!!!

11. Ant the Dragon

Series 1 and 6 were good as it had fewer people. The ones with Hattie wailing all the time were awful!