BIGOLEDUMMY (Aka B no 3. AAKA RealBigOleDummy) - Q&A

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Ant E, Sep 23, 2017.

was this a good interview?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Well consider this your lucky day! @neilold has agreed to be the next interviewee! More info coming soon.

2. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I believe that would be bite?

3. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Just because the Great and Mighty Bender is my role model DOES NOT mean I have to slavishly emulate him! The RealBigOleDummy© is his own man first to last! Besides......... I don't want anybody breaking their teeth!, would much rather have my a$$ smooched..............................

Abe likes this.
  4. BigOleDummy

Besides........ why do you make this announcement in MY INTERVIEW thread?!?! The RealBigOleDummy© is NOT amused!

5. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Unfortunately, I am unable to answer this poll because it refuses to allow me to select both yes and no.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  6. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

@Ant E was the one who brought up the topic! He is the true derailer here.

7. BigOleDummy

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ambivalence to me?!? I'm confused.

8. BigOleDummy

Still confused............. my goodness .......... the realBigOleDummy© is a polarizing figure .... you either love me..... or ADORE me........ I......I...... I need to think about this.
    [​IMG]

9. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Oh, true.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  10. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

@RealBigOleDummy, excellent interview. Sorry for not asking questions, my mind kept drawing blanks every time I tired to think or something.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  11. BigOleDummy

Thank you. I was a little apprehensive at first ....... told some things on myself that I don't like to bring up. When you get to be as old as me though...... lol, you can end up with some dark corners in your life. I'm glad you liked it! I had much fun with it and just glad that it seems that everyone kinda looked past the darker parts. I'm not the same guy I was 30 something years ago. .... Well, hehe not TOTALLY the same guy anyway!

FeeBee likes this.
  12. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I know a few people that have done some things that have landed them in prison. See them come through work all the time. (I work in a hospital with mental health facility onsite) You can't change your past but you can learn from it, grow and move forward which is what you have done from what I'm reading. I'm actually impressed that you were willing to share that part of your past.

You're also older then I was assuming. I knew you are older them myself, just didn't realise how much older. What stuck out the most in this interview is the fact you have grandchildren, something I was not aware of before =)

BigOleDummy likes this.
  13. BigOleDummy

Lol,Yeah....... actually I get that a lot online. About being older than was thought to be. Not sure why exactly, but especially on gamer sites. Guess some people just can't wrap their heads around a grey haired gamer. I do tend to be more "in tune" with younger people too. Just because you accumulate a few decades doesn't automatically mean you wear your pants up on your chest and holler at the kids to stay off your lawn :lol:. In fact I find most people "my age" too stuck in the past, too crusty, and way too intolerant. Think that's because I still remember what it was like to be 20 or 30 even. Not easy being ANY age and too many people like me forget that. I don't have all the answers to life, nobody does but way too many older people THINK they do. Sure younger people do things I don't understand or particularly like (think ear plugs, excessive tattoo's , piercings) but you know, I did the same kind of things in my youth. Long hair, patched jeans, Rock&Roll that drove the olders crazy. Every generation does, its part of maturing , making your own way in the world. I admire the younger generations, they seem to trying to fix the stuff my generation screwed up. I wish them all the luck in the world too. I mean that and try to do my part but..... ultimately its up to you and people in your generation to make the world in your image. Its your all's future after all.

Anyway, sorry for the novel! And yes I have two lovely granddaughters who I couldn't be more proud of! And yes, I have tried to make up for the darker parts of my life and think I have succeeded. I've tutored at risk kids in reading. I've helped/tutored teens and young adults in the process of getting their G.E.D.'s. I .... well........ I'm starting to sound like I'm blowing my own horn so will shut up. AND, I haven't been in jail or even gotten a parking ticket in over 35 years.

FeeBee likes this.
  14. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I'm not going to quote everything since it ends up as a wall of text. Most of the people that I play Guild Wars 2 with are older people so I'm not sure why this even surprised me. I don't click with people in my own age group and have always got along better with people far older then myself. One of the main ones in my Guild Wars group is in her 70s. Been playing online with her for 10 years now. Nearly everyone else I talk with is 40+ making me the youngest one in the group. I'm almost 30 and now getting from teenagers that they are surprised that I love gaming.

My brother is doing the long haired and patched pants thing now, he's 21. Looks like he is from the wrong era. Thankfully he hasn't done the tattoos like one of our sisters or the piercings that both sisters did. I was the borning one and did nothing like that.

Good luck with the tutoring and everything else you are doing to help others. Knowing what some of the at risk people are like I imagine that not every person you deal with would be a walk in the park.

15. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Don't interfere!!!!!

16. BigOleDummy

Agreed! (more to bump this thread back to its rightful place atop the board, than anything else...............)

17. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Derailing attempt #2

18. BigOleDummy

Lol, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I quit going to Kongregate (played a lot of Tower defense games there) partly because of the trollish kids. "You're old!, Why are you here, are you a child molester" but mainly because I just went ahead and bought my favorite, BTD5, so didn't really need to go anymore.

Thank you! Its actually kind of heartbreaking to see the ......... NEED , some of the kids have for some kind, ANY kind, of attention/validation from adults. Like they get none at home, its sad really. They are back in school now so that part is over till next summer. The older kids/young adults now.......... yes indeed, sometimes its hard.

FeeBee likes this.
  19. BigOleDummy

Well, it's been a little over 24 hours since anyone has replied to this so I guess everyone who wants to has read it. I wanted to Thank all of you who sent in questions. I had much fun answering them. If you didn't send any I hope you enjoyed the interview anyway.
    I want to thank @Ant E also, he did a good job with the graphics and probably put more "work" into it than I did. Great Job there @Ant E , I appreciate it!

A Toast! To the Red Dwarf forums!
    [​IMG]

Nikki the Great, Abe and FeeBee like this.