Bodysnatcher bargain

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by shireknight, Aug 17, 2011.

1. shireknight

shireknight Third Technician

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2011/08/12/bodysnatcher-bargain

Cheers for the heads up guys, at first I could only find it for £50 and £40 even with your links but after a bit of hunting I managed to get it from Amazon for £13.97 which is an absolute steal so thank you :-D

2. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I'll probably pick this up when I get paid this month. I don't like the remastered series too much but I'd like the extra content.

3. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

Run, click, do whatever it takes to get this. It is first class material in all aspects.
    A must have for any true Dwarfer

4. thecogre

thecogre First Technician

i want this soooo much, but region 2 doesn't work for me. does anyone know when they will make this available to the amercano fans?

5. shireknight

Ok scratch that, for some reason Amazon are not sending their copies out until the end of September so I cancelled and ordered it from the BBC instead where I got this and the "Beat the Geek quiz" DVD for £17 with free delivery.

6. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

Aren't Philips players region free over there? Here in Europe they all are...
    Besides, free PC DVD players like VLC player completely ignore the region code. Hook up a laptop to the TV and it should work fine.

There are... other methods... but they lead to the dark side...

7. thecogre

thecogre First Technician

yeah i didn't want to have to invest in anymore hardware for awhile, oh well. i will find a way. a way that doesn't lead to the darkside lol

8. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Many Philips players are region free, but not all, as a friend of mine unfortunately found out.

VLC player is free to download (although donating is always a nice gesture, if one can afford it), so that is indeed a good option.

I'm not sure what methods may lead to the "dark side" :lol:, but Another quite rightly legal and completely ethical method (very ethical in my humble opinion - i can't think of any logical reason as to why it wouldn't be) is to search on-line for the multi-region code for your specific player, and follow the simple instructions. You can find them for most models, other than Sony and a few other large corporation brands.

Click here for more information if needed :-)

9. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

I ended up having to convert my desktop computer to region 2 in order to watch them, I tried various methods without success and just figured it was easier, since I don't watch DVDs on it typically, that switching it over it wouldn't affect my ability to watch my other stuff.

10. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

errr... you don't need to make any PC/Laptop locked to any region or anything. VLC player will play ANY region DVD on ANY region DVD drive.

The author's simply decided to "ignore" that region-lock feature.

I have watched hundreds of DVDs from about 3 different regions on my laptops and PC for years and never had a problem...

11. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

None of those options worked for me. I tried VLC, tried copying the disc via Toast, etc., every attempt was met with a "This disc is encrypted" message. So for me, this was the only option.

12. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

Very strange. I have used VLC and ... other... means to get things to work all with freeware on dozens of computers, but there is always the one case I guess....

13. shireknight

5 weeks on and I'm still waiting for my copy to be dispatched -if I ever state that I'm thinking of ordering something from the BBC online shop again please someone quickly unplug my PC :roll:

14. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I would imagine that they quickly sold out of Bodysnatcher and have been unable to get more stock because of the warehouse fire caused during the riots. All distributors - such as 2entertain - who had stock there will have been unable to send out fresh supplies until new discs have been manufactured.

15. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

Mine was ordered from amazon and that said it'd be dispatched in 8 weeks!

16. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I would imagine for the exact same reason - it's impossible to sell you something that's been burnt to a cinder!

17. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

Ordereed mine from Amazon UK from a third-party seller, and received it in America right away.. Hmmm....

18. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Yeah, if you can find someone who's just selling their own, existing stock, right now you're better off. A lot of DVDs aren't available right now because of this - and of course they'll be re-manufactured, likely under insurance, in priority order.

19. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

The body snatcher collection is great. It might just be in my fave five!

20. 57194q

57194q Guest

is it worth the $80???