Bodysnatcher Collection for sale

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by joe_mills, Aug 21, 2014.

1. joe_mills

joe_mills First Technician

Im thinking of putting this up on ebay, its in perfect condition, whats the best price to be asking for?

If anyone's interested in making an offer before I put it up (save ebay fees etc) send me a message.

2. kry102001

kry102001 Catering Officer

I just bought one for £34.99, but, they can go for a lot if you have bidding on it, anything up to £70.

You can get it new for £84.95 on Amazon and £64.98 Used on the same place.

Hope that helps.

3. Hesperus

Hesperus Third Technician

I paid about £25 for mine but I think it's worth a bit more than that now.

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes, Bodysnatcher has become somewhat rare and desirable, so don't give it away cheap.

Though frankly, I'm surprised that a Red Dwarf fan would want to get rid of theirs. It's the best of all the Red Dwarf DVD releases.

5. joe_mills

joe_mills First Technician

Child number 3 means Im cutting down on hobbies and getting rid of stuff Ill never have time to read/watch/use etc. I have all the other DVDs and thats enough for me

6. kry102001

If your selling other RD stuff, PM me with what your selling, I might be interested.

7. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I have just checked on Amazon UK and can't believe that price £84.99 New. I wasn't too long ago I bought mine new from Amazon for £16.99. In fact I will even check my Amazon history because I think it may have even been a lot cheaper than that.

Just checked my Amazon account and £15.93, but I didn't realize it was so long ago Sept 2010. I thought it was a year or two ago :eek:ops:

8. kry102001

I think Amazon alter their prices depending on demand, when they have plenty in stock, they are cheaper, so, you might have bought it for a lower price when there was a fair few in stock.

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Or alternatively post them in this thread so everyone can see.

10. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Exactly. This isn't JUST FOR YOU kry10!!! :x

11. kry102001

Sorry guys and gals, I was trying to avoid this thread being a mini ebay, my apologies, wasn't my intention to be selfish.

12. Hollo_Marx

Hollo_Marx Catering Officer

How is the Bodysnatcher Collection different from other DVD sets? I don't have any of the series on DVD yet, so I'm just curious.

13. kry102001

The bodysnatcher has some good bonus items, such as, an alternative version of The End and other goodies, a worthy edition for any collector.

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

There's a full list of contents here.

15. sundayforsammy

The Bodysnatcher Collection is the remastered versions of s1-3 plus othe extras

16. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Remastered. Oh dear.

17. kry102001

I know, remastered isn't the best, but, the episode of The End is well worth watching, saw it myself the other day and was like watching it from anew, felt really unusual.

18. sundayforsammy

Some people regard the remastered episodes as inferior to the originals, I have them on 'The bodysnatcher Collection' I also had them on the original VHS release format. I don't see them as bad just slightly different and well worth having. Quite a lot of the Holly lines were altered.
    A thumbs up from me for the remastered. (not better, not worse, just different).

19. Hollo_Marx

Hollo_Marx Catering Officer

Oh yes I'd heard of the remastered editions, I think I'd find them a bit jarring actually. I can't stand how they've "enhanced" episodes of TOS of Star Trek. Give me the original every time.

I would love to see the original cut of The End though. A shame no one's put it on Youtube yet. I'm in the US so I wouldn't even be able to watch the set if I got my hands on it since it's PAL format. :-(

Pardon me while I fume about being an American for a while.

20. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

Yeah, the only way I was able to watch my copy was to switch my PC's DVD player to Region 2.

You can count me among those that believe the remastered are inferior. Most of the changes or "enhancements" really didn't need to be made in my opinion. And changing Rimmer's mom's voice in "Polymorph" was just inexcusable!