brexit means rubbish

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold frankincense and myrrh, Jun 22, 2017.

1. neilold frankincense and myrrh

neilold frankincense and myrrh Flight Co-Ordinator

I watched brexit means brexit last night on bbc, that programme was a hoot. I know the bbc is cosmopolitan liberal biased but that took it to extremes. I genuinely thought they were going to superimpose evil moustaches onto nigel farage and other brexiteers at one point. Not necessarily the content, but the voice over commentator seemed to be having a ball with them.

Soubry talks more my kind of language. “It’s just a bit smeg, isn’t it?” she says, unhappily. Meanwhile, in Stoke, another woman – not a politician, just a normal woman (whos definition of normal that is wasn't expressed)– thinks the leader of Ukip is a bit smeg. “How dare Paul Nuttall show his face in this city,” she says. “Racist anti-immigration bastard!” Hear hear.

This was my favourite part, extracted from the guardian review, if you can believe that the guardian would ever print such a thing.

though I must admit the biggest smile of the night came from me when anne soubury found out that someone had urinated on her poster.

Childish, yes, but fun. The actual programme itself, apart from my own personal view on it, was quite interesting. Many tories were deeply sceptical of any sort of landslide pre-election, and it was interesting to see them express it and juxtaposition with the pre election garbage they actually come out with to the public.

Its also interesting to see how Corbyn himself presents himself at times as a sort of Labour Farage, blustering, forthright, anti-mp and aggressive in his attitudes and presentation, and its worth pondering how much of this he actually borrowed off Farage, and vice versa. Old Terry may was shown up and depicted as a sort of fatalistic dictator, plotting her own grandiose suicide with innumerable gaffes and misdecisions and an arrogance in herself that even napoleon would cringe over.

Anyways its worth a spare hour if you have iplayer, and it'd be interested in your views on it

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. neilold frankincense and myrrh

there was an interesting programme on bbc 2 last night called 'who should we let in', of course bbc 2, proved my speech about notting hill liberal bias was completely wrong, when they announced the programme presenter would be ian hislop. That aside, it was quite a stimulating programmes, apart from leaving out some major historical facts, and making some massive assumptions, on whats right and what isn't, and also the fact that being nice and nasty is pretty much irrelevant in a lot of the things he's discussed,. The programme itself dispensed the facts as it saw it. it was reasonably balanced, despite these flaws and may be worth a watch. Though at one point it did jump to the modern times and show a woman discussing how Syrians should be let in, which was completely out of position with the fact the programme was showing britain's older history

3. neilold frankincense and myrrh

If it ever gets going that is

4. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

It’s sorry state of affairs.

We have a weak PM who was a remainer now pretending to be a leaver....

...vs a weak opposition leader who was a leaver now pretending to be a remainer!!!!

5. neilold frankincense and myrrh

I don't know why people march against brexit, its being decided by both sides and that's that. I can undertand marches before that point, but at this point its like marching against the corn laws or land taxation