Can someone please torrent this

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by bar10dr, Apr 10, 2009.

1. bar10dr

bar10dr Third Technician

I'm from Norway and we don't get the Dave channel.

Absolutely love Red Dwarf, hope some of you capture it and release it on torrent later today!
    And don't worry about the legality, everyone who's interested in seeing the new shows is going to buy the new episodes on DVD anyway, including me!! :-D

Thanks.

2. mellow_n_dark

mellow_n_dark First Technician

Certainly not!!! Stop stealing

3. bar10dr

bar10dr Third Technician

They lose no money from it? All they gain are new fans who will buy the DVD's.

4. richisawesome

richisawesome Second Technician

Well firstly, the quality of the torrent (recorded from Dave) will be significantly less than the upcoming DVD release due to bitrate, compression, jumps from advert breaks.

The whole other side of it can be considered in this way:

How many people here will watch clips from BTE (even the whole show) on youtube after it's been aired? It's pretty much a definite thing that it'll be uploaded within minutes of being shown on Dave.

I'm going to watch the episodes on Dave, download them from online afterwards, and then I'm sure as hell still buying the DVD when it comes out, like any Dwarf fan should be. Better picture/sound quality and lots of extras surely warrant a buy.

5. Windfola

Windfola Third Technician

I fully admit that I'll be downloading this as soon as I can find it. I'm in Australia, and there's no way in hell I'll be waiting until it airs here! Of course I will watch it when it does air, as well as buy the DVD as soon as it's avialable. :-)

6. bar10dr

bar10dr Third Technician

If you put it on YT it will be down within 10 minutes..

7. joe_mills

joe_mills First Technician

you wouldnt steal a car....!

joking aside, I really hope that our overseas friends do get to see this as soon as possible

8. mellow_n_dark

Any clips i see will be reported! I hate the way people steal from film/music companies!

9. Guitar

Guitar Third Technician

No but what if you could make an exact copy of the car leaving the owner with their original?

Hehe.

10. Awooga

Awooga Third Technician

However debatable the intentions may be, I really don't think it's appropriate to talk about illegally acquiring the new episodes on the official red dwarf forum... :?

11. richisawesome

Jesus christ.

12. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

He's got a perfectly valid point.

I create films myself, not professionaly but properly produced and with a lot of time and effort. If people take it and reupload it it makes me feel sick inside.

It might be trivial to you, but I for one also hate people stealing shows and putting them on YouTube, for one it'll stop people catching the Monday repeat on Dave, loosing them advert revenue, which is NOT the way to be thankful for putting the project forward.

And as I always say, I sympathise with those abroad, but wait for the DVD. I don't buy it as an excuse for theft.

13. Scumface

Scumface Third Technician

I'll be copying my own recording to my PC for my own viewing (something tells me I'm going to be watching this a lot) but I certainly won't be sharing it.

14. richisawesome

Just to make my previous comment clear:

I'm a commercial artist (photography and promotional video), and I am fully against piracy and know full well the feeling when something you've worked hard on is taken from you. But reporting fellow red dwarf fans for catching a repeat viewing on youtube? That's low.

:lol:

15. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

It's not reporting the viewers, it's reporting the person who ripped the show and posted it online.

16. Cerianna

Cerianna Third Technician

Oh, I just have to throw in my two cents here.

For the record, I will most certainly be looking for the shows online tonight. I do not think this is wrong. Let me explain my reasoning.

I'm in the U.S. and I would go absolutely insane waiting until June for the DVD, knowing that all you lucky people in the U.K. get to see it in just a matter of hours!!! Cruel and unusual punishment for the dwarfers over the pond, I say!

Now...let me make a few other things clear...I see no need to save copies of the shows on my computer when I find them online. Why? It's simple..I just want to SEE them! That will hold me over until June, when I can get my hands on the DVD.

If somehow, a fee-based feed to the U.S. magically appears that will allow me to see it online legally tonight, sign me up!

Let me make this clear....if there were a way to legally see the shows today (i.e. paying for viewing them online) I would do so. I'm sure that's probably the case with most non-UK fans. So, you lucky people who get Dave can step down from the morality soapbox now.

And if anyone does know of a way to see them legally today (or if one appears over the course of the day), please share!

17. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

The fact that we can see something now and that you will have to wait does not in any way give you the right to see it now. It's like joining a queue outside a cinema and demanding to see the premier. "Well, the people at the front of the queue can see it first; why can't I?"

This culture of immediacy and impatience where everyone wants everything immediately now, if not yesterday is really Galling. I love House as much as Red Dwarf. D'ya know something? You get it before we do. Long before. It's running now in the States and we won't get the new series for months. Do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to wait. I'm going to wait my turn. Because in the long run, if I see it today or see it in June it DOESN'T MATTER. It's just childish self-centredness that would make me feel I deserved to see it now. The fact that you want something doesn't give you the right to have it.

You can have a lollipop when you get home. "But I want a lollipop NOW" is not the right response.

18. adamjames32

adamjames32 Skutter

oi. I live in Tenerife without sky or freeview so (being an extreme red dwarf fan) I have no other option than to download it. I will buy the DVD when it comes out so no one will lose any money from it.

19. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

Er... you have the option NOT to download it and to WAIT PATIENTLY

20. mellow_n_dark

you're an idiot! No way out of that one