Can someone please torrent this

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by bar10dr, Apr 10, 2009.

1. tippy922

tippy922 Third Technician

LOL!!! Low and lose.:P

2. jennytablina

jennytablina Skutter

To be fair the kind of cash you spend on your "habit" could of been used to buy a digibox to see BTE and a number of other things. Nice to see yet another upstanding member of the british youth! :roll:

Is it true that people can download and watch copyright through various means? Well sure, but most people will eventually go out and buy the DVD or see the countrys TV premiere whenever it airs. I only ever use streaming sites for shows I dont think will ever air here (Most anime) or for the odd thing I really want to see. The reason people are not prosecuted is because many people will actually get things the honest way eventually. The Police and goverments know that and so they are lax with public, But theres always the odd few who think they are entitled to everything thus always do it the illegal way

I have a boyfriend living out in the states who I introduced to Dwarf a year or so ago. Tonight we watched BTE on YT, but I also watched it on Dave and will watch everything else this weekend. I will buy the DVD and I know he'll catch the airings in the US and the DVD. Hes a big Top Gear fan too and despite watching some of the show online hes a religious viewer at home too.

People like you ruin it for the rest of us honest citizens who only want to see a show early or catch something that we know will take time to air or never will come to our country in a "legal" state. Causing all of us to be treated like criminals just because some people simply cant help themselves.

3. Cerianna

Cerianna Third Technician

jenny, has your boyfriend had any better luck with talking to the PBS stations in his area? I live near San Francisco, CA, and every PBS station out here claims to have no access to any of the Red Dwarf shows, old or new. I'm very frustrated atm. I, like your boyfriend, just finished watching the show on YouTube...all I can say is WOW! I can't wait for more! And I really can't wait for the DVD so I can watch the shows in a decent quality format.

4. robjungle

robjungle Third Technician

I decided to watch the new x-men film instead (the one Hugh Jackman said was like a Ferrari without a paint job. A more appropriate metaphor would be a Vauxhall Vectra with broken windscreen wipers. I´m about half hour in and I´ve only noticed a few missing effects so far.), but while mi amiga is making me a sandwich I thought I´d see if there were any more dumb self righteous comments on here that I could amuse myself with. Thankyou Jenny!

Jenny my TV has a built in digibox thanks very much and I did watch the episode earlier on Dave. I never said I had a "habit", I simply enjoy smoking heroin (actually I prefer Opium but it´s not widely available in London) in my own home at the weekend. During the week I work very hard and at the weekend my girlfriend and I like to relax with some Heroin, much as you might do with a bottle of wine, but to much greater effect and without paying the government for the priveledge. Instead I´m happy in the knowledge my hard earned cash is supporting the hard-working people of Afghanistan. LoL.

Your assumption as to why the "police and governments...are lax with the public" is laughable. Not to mention your assertions about "the odd few" (do you mean the millions?) and "people like you(me) ruining it for the rest of us (you)". What am I ruining for you? How are you being "treated like criminals" and by whom? And how are you any better than me if you admit to watching a piss-poor version on YouTube?

Haha your post was great! So ridiculously sanctimonious yet so sincere! Exactly the kind of monkey-indoctrinated nonsense I was looking for. Try and have something similar ready for me when I´ve finished laughing at X-Men.:lol:

5. Wuggyboobeaufuf

Wuggyboobeaufuf Third Technician

It's not stealing if we don't live in the country. Don't be absurd.

6. Mallen2X4B

Mallen2X4B Third Technician

This is halarious. Everyone here (myself included) needs an official "Moral Police" badge.
    What an increadible show RD obviously is.

7. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

So If I go to America I could openly take everything from every shop and just tell the police "oh its alright, i dont live here so i can take whatever i want"

yeah, stop lying to yourself to try and justify stealing tv shows.

8. Awooga

Awooga Third Technician

It's not a moral issue here. You other anonymous internet people can do whatever the hell you want. But if you go to a fan forum, it's bang out of order to use that fan forum for the purposes of infringing the (copy)rights of the show you're supposedly a fan of. Just go do it quietly somewhere else, it's not as if it's hard to find that sort of stuff.

And for everyone saying it's perfectly fine, it's not and I don't believe so many people can possibly be so ignorant. Methinks a few may just be trolling and looking for an argument for the sake of it though.

RD is copyrighted. Copyrights are internationally protected. Making copyrighted material available to others is a criminal act (torrents and other p2p) in almost all countries. Just downloading it yourself may not necessarily be criminal but still opens you to civil action if the creators wanted to sue for damages.

9. bar10dr

bar10dr Third Technician

Wow this was a long time ago.

I got the DVD as fast as I could get my hands on it, its sitting right next to my other Red Dwarf dvd's as we speak.

Evidence:
    [​IMG]

Fact: Even though people torrent series they love to watch it doesn't mean they won't purchase it when they get the chance to do so.

Not debating legality here mind you, just that every torrent does not equate to a loss in sale :-)

Cheers