Canon-wise is lister really smelly?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dodgebizkit, Oct 26, 2012.

1. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

i always wondered how much of the stuff the guys (mainly rimmer) day about lister is really true about him being such a dirty smelly disgusting creature.
    I dont believe he is unshowered, filthy and disgusting - just mainly he is lazy before the accident, and pre - kochanski revival he is maybe the same us us in our time off work - if you have no plans for the day maybe you dont take a shower that day but the next day you'll then have a shower for definite, maybe he didnt need to change clothes so often and maybe a bit messy, but if he was genuinely extremely smelly and unhygienic people would have made complaints, rimmer would have changed rooms (even as a hologram he could simulate smell, apparently the computer had an olfactory sensor and simulated rimmers reaction) and i dunno, it sits better that he was a bit lax on it and people exaggerated it.

2. Reznor

Reznor Guest

lol try doing a hand stand over his laundry basket contents
    tell me how it goes :P

3. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

He eats nothing but curries, suffers from fungal infections, wears his underpants inside out to avoid laundry (and has never washed his lucky scoring pants), eats his own toenails, drops food and beer milkshake all over himself while eating, rubs dunked biscuit into his clothes, spray paints his own leg to avid patching his trousers....and he has green urine! :shock:

It's safe to say: the boy 'aint right! :lol:

4. Reznor

Reznor Guest

he gets verrrry cranky around November Nearly time for his bath, but if you manage to catch him around after then he may smell bit more decent... lil less moon boots lil more vindalooo :O

5. dodgebizkit

And no-one hinted to him by giving him Lynx sets (Axe in your land Nails-fan, you make deodorant that can chop down trees) for Christmas or offering him the odd polo mint (That's Lifesavers, again to the guy across the massive pond - and they are a real life saver if you've ever kissed an Essex girl you'd realise this xD) to get the guy to realise he has to at least be more desirable to be around than Cat's litter tray if he wants his Ho-Chance-Ski Kochanski (and he better not refer to her as that if he doesn't want a smack in the face!)

6. dodgebizkit

The moon boots don't smell like Lister's feet... Has no-one ever told you that the moon is made of cheese???? It's a well documented fact - It was on Wallace and Gromit.

7. Reznor

Reznor Guest

ooo axe i am wearing that deodorant right now mmm smells so sexy :P I'm thinking soap on the rope for ol lister or you for that stasis leak yet it wont really have the same effect in your many hot soapy baths :P hmm essex girl huh hay have to try me one of those :O

8. dodgebizkit

Wont the Missus Reznor be a lil pished off at your "trying" of Essex girls? :P

9. Reznor

Reznor Guest

hah oh i'm sure my gf would love to see what i pick up from the essex women you speak so highly of and give it to her :P

10. dodgebizkit

I hope she's a fan of sea-food...

[​IMG]

11. Reznor

Reznor Guest

lol awww god i hate seafooood! fish shrimp lobster everything that swims in the water!!!
    and that thing is ... awww... come on man :P

12. goldy_T_O_T

goldy_T_O_T Deck Sergeant

Ont Canada eating cat nip and drinking Milk
    Soooo the guy smells of cheese and a touch of sewer? Oh that's nothing new. I smelled guys like that. Not that I care for that. :P
    I prefer the smell of showered guys. :-D

13. Reznor

Reznor Guest

axe showerrr! :P
    ps you smell like cat pee :O

14. dodgebizkit

Haha

I'm sure we all, girls and guys, have all not smelled our best and been out like that :P

That thing will do more than just give you an itchy sack :P Avoid Essex birds, the latin chics are where it's at :-D

No-one ever reacts to lister like he smells repulsive, they just tend to throw in the odd line about him not being the cleanest of folk, reminds me of the days when I was a student and I'd only shower every second day and wear socks for a few days because washing clothes was expensive... Never was extreme but i'd always know I'd need a scrub up before going out with a lady, Lister seems more like that...
    But they go on about him like he is repulsive3ly unclean. I've known people of both genders that have smelled so bad your eyes water when you get too close and you try not to breathe when you are near them and try get away as quick as you can without making it obvious that you are getting away from them... :P Everyone is happy to be around lister when he isn't playing guitar or wearing moon boots :P

15. Reznor

Reznor Guest

hmmm and cat with his "sometimes i have super smelling capabilities which allow me to smell through a ship through space" would not be able to handle it :P
    yet i think he learned to shower again once the woman was back on board
    maybe season 5 he seemed to grow up a bit :P
    orrr dodge is thinking wayyyyy into this and listers smell is crazy reddwarf nerd ramble :P

16. dodgebizkit

Haha! :lol:

Red Dwarf is the only show that could get me to wonder what the inside of a packet of dry roasted peanuts smells like so much that I buy a packet with my 4th pint and once the unsalted goodness has gone, stick my nose into the packet and look a right div :P didn't smell of anything in particular lol

17. Reznor

Reznor Guest

lol i would imagine it smelled like.... dry roasted peanuts?? :P
    mmm now i want some yummy peanuts :-D
    try smelling your upper lip! :P

18. dodgebizkit

My lip doesn't smell like anything but in trying to sniff it I went from looing like a div to looking like a brain transplant patient who didn't get one :P

19. Reznor

Reznor Guest

lol phh lies i have been told that your upper lip smells like..... ass! :P
    ohh :P
    back to lister smelling?? :-D

20. dodgebizkit

it would only smell like ass if you went to sniff my lip and your nose touched it, because we all know why your nose is brown :P

come on mannnnnnn, who doesn't want to smell lister? Apart from craig Charles, who calls him a flashback :P

random question - what did you make of the whote bte thing woth the guys in coronation street? I assume you don't have that show over there, or any exposure to the accent/dialect/slang used there, chuck pal love sir, so how did you react to that whole thing as someone who had no idea as to what was going on? Or could you kind of work out what the hell was happening?

You are the only guy in the word to get a topic bar that doesn't have a single nut in it :P