Chloë Annett

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Titanbeing, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Titanbeing

Titanbeing Third Technician

Never really took to Chloë Annett as kochanski, thought Claire Grogan was better.
    But i've just been looking at her photoshoot on the Gallery section and never realised she was soooooooo hot!!!! think i'll watch series VII - VII again......Shame she's not in new episodes.

2. doggett

doggett Second Technician

I've been doing the same.
    In VII, in the red outfit, she looks like a little sex pixie ;-)

Bring back Kochanski !!!
    It's bee 10 years since we last had Dwarf, Doug should be able to come up with some funnies for her.

3. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Yes she was hot! I met the cast minus Craig a couple of years back and she was still hot. But her character was all wrong, to be fair I think it was largely the writing. They made the character all stuck up and girly, but I think a fun, fiesty but tough Kochanski would've worked much better. Clare Grogan was the better Kochanski

4. gazb8s

gazb8s Third Technician

nah chloe annett was better.. its a shame she aint in it. but i did prefer the episodes with just the guys lol :lol:

5. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

i'm going to have to agree with Dan on this one. CP Grogan was really cute and FUN! Plus she didn't seem to be repulsed by Lister. I think GNP really underestimated (sold her short) when it came to NOT recasting her season 7 and 8. Everyone I know who likes Red Dwarf preffered Grogan over Annett. That is except for my one friend who just happened to think Annett was "so hot". Whereas Annett may have been physically attractive (truth be told, I prefer the beauty of CP Grogan), Grogan's attractiveness came from her ability to encapsulate the character so well. When I saw that "pinball smile" and listened to her flirtations with Lister, I could understand why he was so crazy about her. I couldn't see at all why Lister would be crazy about the Chloe Annett version. That being said, if Chloe Annett's portrayal had half the charm as Grogan's, then maybe there wouldn't have been such a backlash from many of the show's fans.

6. connell

connell First Technician

I don't really think CP Grogan was a strong enough actor to take on a fully time roll in Red Dwarf imo, alough she did show some good acting in Series VI

7. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

They did want Clare to play Kochanski in VII, but she turned the offer down, to continue her stage acting career. And yes, I like her portrayal of Kochanski better. Sure, Chloe Annet is gorgeous, but I just didn't like her Kochanski as much.

8. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

The way the new Kochanski was written, it was pretty unbelievable that she and Lister ever were attracted to eachother. If you watch the flirting between the two characters in the very first episode of series one, it's a much better match of personalities.

9. Fairfax

Fairfax Catering Officer

That`s not actually true. Just something written on Wikipedia I believe.

10. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

I remember reading that in the 1997 "Red Dwarf Programme Guide" book.