Chris hints at new Red Dwarf in 2018 in his Christmas message

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by DivineVarod, Dec 24, 2017.

1. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

2. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Well, pretty tepid "hint" but any glimmer of hope is appreciated :-D. I must say that I am extremely impressed with Mr. Barrie and his work/effort's for SSAFA. I did not know about his time involved with this and as a veteran it really improves my opinion of him. Not that my opinion was low but .....ahhh you know what I mean I hope.

3. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Had to read through the message twice because I missed the little bit about Red Dwarf during the first read through. Exciting to see what they come up with.

4. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

It's starting to be pretty certain. Robert told this in his vlog and now Chris. I expect official confirmation soon. 8-)

5. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Remember when series XI was soon to be announced and Doug got pissy with all the cast members for talking about it? We've come so far since then.

6. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I think Doug got pissy because nothing was a certainty and there was only so many times the cast could say oh yeah start filming in late 2015 to then not happen.

FeeBee likes this.
  7. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

It is a shame that it wasn't already planned and recorded THIS year ready for release late 2018, strike while the iron is hot so to speak. Now as it is still not certain that would mean possibly 2 years before a new RDXIII-XIV starts to hit the screens. But heck how many comedy shows get to S12+ I think we have had it good so far. :-)

Asclepius and BigOleDummy like this.
  8. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Exactly! Too many variables and time is working against us anymore.

Too depressing for me to even think about, as time is working against ME too. Maybe that's my Hell, I die go to hell and have to watch all of YOU celebrating R.D. XIII and XIV's triumphant return as the BEST EVER of the series. :-D

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

To be fair back in the BBC days they managed to record a new series and show it in the same year, its just with Dave there was more complications getting there so filming often started late in the year.