Closing Credits thought....

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by TheAmazingDannyKing, Mar 24, 2009.

1. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Just had a random thought.

I remember Howard Goodall stating in a documentary on Red Dwarf and again for a Blackadder documentary on UK Gold no less, that these days new TV shows can't have lyrics in their credits because of the requirements for talk-overs and show-overs.

....so, will Red Dwarf loose the old credit sequence music? I'd not mind if it was an instrumental version, though, but it would be a bit sad, it's one of those things that let you know "this is Dwarf".

Having said that, Dave are a (compared to many) cool channel in all sorts of ways and might let it slide.

Any thoughts?

2. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

I'm almost expecting a voice over or small blip to stop illegal copies being perfect. As with the first Episode of new Who.
    The credits could be at the start, there could be a totally new start and ending! The new way is to have credit names at the start over the content, saves precious time for the Episode.

3. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Yeah, I remember watching that documentary...well maybe they'll come up with new closing credits...which has already been said...Oh, darn it, I'm just repeating other people!:eek:ops:

4. Titanbeing

Titanbeing Third Technician

Or at the end in shaky white letters 'you have been watching' and each character waving at the screen. like Are you being served.
    ha ha ha
    Only joking. A updated instrumental piece would do me.

5. connell

connell First Technician

:lol: ha ha! I know exactly what you mean, sat here with everyone staring at me with my chirpy smile! :-D

But for my opinion on the subject, if there's no closing music, the person sat next to me WILL wish they were sat somewhere else.

It just won't be the same without that iconic music!!

6. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Well the specials are made by dave, for dave right? Shown only on dave? So cant they decide if they want the closing music?

7. mellow_n_dark

mellow_n_dark First Technician

More concerned that i had to spend 1 minute watching a stupid coke advert before i could see the carbug thing on Dave! Adverts are the things I am dreading most about this return... that and the fact the first choice of video on Dave is NOT funny!

8. ST4RBUG1

ST4RBUG1 Third Technician

Hi Everyone

this is my first post :-D

im sure i saw a comedy show on bbc one called After you've Gone which had a song over the end cridts

not a hundred percent sure though? :?

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Do you mean this horrible Nicholas Lyndhurst sit-com?

I loved him as Rodney Trotter, but he's been in some appalling stuff.

10. ST4RBUG1

ST4RBUG1 Third Technician

Yeah its a pretty awful show lol

but im pretty sure it has a song over the end credits

so hopefully red dwarf will too (Y)

11. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

You know guys, The Green Green Grass just sprung to my mind too, on an Only Fools theme. That seems to have it too.

God knows what Goodall was on about then!