Collectors Booklets

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SwirlyOrangeThing, Dec 24, 2016.

1. SwirlyOrangeThing

SwirlyOrangeThing Skutter

Red Dwarf fans: can anyone direct me to where I can buy the Collector's Booklets? I bought the season 1 - 8 collection and the booklets were missing for seasons 2, 3, and 5. I would be willing to buy all the booklets to get just the missing ones. I live in the U.S. and there are none for sale on Amazon or eBay unless I buy copies of the DVDs with them again which I don't want or need. Thanks all!

2. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

3. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I realize you have said you don't want to buy the DVD again to get the missing booklets, but to be honest the price of the DVD now will likely cost less than trying to track down the booklets, and a bonus with the new dvd is they will be....well.....new.

4. Beukeboom

Beukeboom Skutter

Here's the thing, he/she never stated if they brought the set new or used. The much more interesting thing is that I just recently brought Red Dwarf Complete Collection from amazon brand-new and sealed, and had the same issue. Besides the fact some of the DVDs were damaged there were no booklets in my series 2, 3 or 5 cases as well so I returned it for another, which was also brand-new and sealed. Again though, NO booklets in series 2, 3 or 5.

What's also interesting is that while the cardboard box says collector's booklet for each series on it, if you look on the back of each individual series box (at least for these 2 box-sets I got from amazon) it will say on all of them the same thing expect for series 2 and 5. Series 2 and 5 have no mention of a booklet being included on their case inserts. Series 3 while saying it includes a booklet, does not have one in two box-sets now that I've gotten. I've also seen the backs of some other series 2 and 5 inserts where it does say a booklet is included.

Another interesting little fact is the font color for series 1, 2 and 5 are plain white on the spine and front, while the font color for series 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 is a metallic silver on the spine and front. I've seen actual pictures of other new and sealed sets on e-bay where they are all plain white font. No metallic silver. I did see one video un-boxing review on youtube from a guy in the US and all his had metallic silver for the font.

One other interesting thing to note is that the backs of some, but not all of the series cases in the box-set either have disc made in Mexico stickers on them or inkjet printing of disc made in Mexico on them. Also the first box-set I returned had either stickers or inkjet printing on the exact same series cases as this one.

It would seem that the box-set currently available at least from amazon is a re-printing combining some old and new stock would be my best guess. Any insight from anyone else would be appreciated, thanks.

Note - I'm located in the US and brought the box-set from the US amazon store.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017