Combine 2 Episodes, Make a Better One

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Decembers, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Well you think of a topic then.

Thanks For The Clipper: Rimmer receives a letter from home informing him of his father's death. To cheer him up Lister plants a fake memory in his brain that he became the new Ace Rimmer.

2. Oddheads

Oddheads Second Technician

Tikka To Reality:
    Starbug's curry supplies have been destroyed. Lister goes into a despair-induced coma because of this. In said coma, he dreams that his adventures on Red Dwarf were simply a AR computer game, and that the real world is one where curry is outlawed all over the world. Lister gets chased by the fascist cops in his attempts to find a Madras, and subsequently kills himself with a flare gun. He then wakes up from his despair coma to discover the crew have raided a derelict containing 300 tons of curry. Lister is pleased by this news, and happily pigs out on a vindaloo.

3. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

Rimmer²
    Rimmer makes a duplicate hologrammatic copy of himself and is very happy for the like-minded company. In his sleep he dreams of being stranded on a planet and he again creates a duplicate of himself but decides to up the amount as surely it couldn't hurt to have even more company, and one might even be female and he could, well, you know. *ahem* Anyway, it goes badly wrong and all the copies eventually turn on Rimmer and he gets imprisoned for over 600 years to wallow in his own misery. He wakes up and decides he has to turn off his duplicate as a precaution.

4. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

Better than Dave - The mail pod arrives. Rimmer discovers his father has died, Lister discovers he might be a father himself. They are both so disturbed by these revelations that they decide to play a virtual reality game to distract themselves. Both end up having romantic 'liaisons' - Rimmer with McGruder, Lister with a vending machine. Rimmer concludes that since his choice of partner is significantly better than Lister's choice, he himself must be 'better than Lister' (hence the episode title). Rimmer sneers at Lister's lowly status as a third technician then they exit the game. In a subplot, Cat eats a whole aquarium of fish and then needs the toilet. Unfortunately there is no loo roll left on board!

5. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Just realised I got Better Than Life and Thanks For The Memory Mixed Up. This is why I don't start topics.

Ok my title should be Better Than A Clipper.

6. "Christmas rubbish"

"Christmas rubbish" Flight Co-Ordinator

Pete part one and two

7. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Pete Part 3:

After driving Captain Hollister mad with their constant pranks and shenanigans, Lister and Rimmer are sent back to earth where they discover they are characters in a TV show but then they discover they aren't.

8. "Christmas rubbish"

Not really a fan of this thread.

9. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

This thread isn't really a fan of you.

10. Oddheads

Backwards Timeslides
    The crew travel to a dimension where time runs backwards, whilst at the same time discovering the ability to enter photographs. It manages to become the most confusing episode of Red Dwarf ever, to the point where the writers give up trying to have it make sense, and just have the remainder of the episode be Kryten eating boiled eggs forwards.

11. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Confidence and Quarantine.

Lister and Rimmer both become very ill. Lister hallucinates two men in the drive room and Rimmer locks them both in a room with Cat and Kryten. Rimmer flushes Paranoia into space and Confidence convinces Lister he can crack the door code and set them free. Kryten acts really tetchy the whole time.

12. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Catering Officer

Thanks for the Blue

As Rimmer becomes depressed Lister decides to give him some of his memory to cheer him up. Unfortunately he messes up, making Rimmer think they once had an affair.

13. "Christmas rubbish"

I should probably not comment as I'm not a fan of this thread.

14. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

See if you can think of one Anty, its great fun.

15. "Christmas rubbish"

I do hope "Anty" doesn't catch on

16. FeeBeeBells

FeeBeeBells Deck Sergeant

I should not read this thread before bed. I think I'm going to end up with some strange dreams tonight as a result :-D Then again I love RD based dreams.

I'm to tired to come up with any of my own ideas at the moment but loving the ones that I have read so far.

17. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

Twentica To Ride

The crew go back in time and end up in America.

18. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

Coincidentally enough I had a RD based dream as well a few nights ago obviously as my excitement about the new material is going "into my dream recorder.":lol:

I dreamt that the end of series 8 was much better and more sharply written. It's quite an obvious RD dream but maybe it means that if the end of series 12 is the last RD I want it to be more like the original end to series 8 than that appalling, infamous cliffhanger though it has grown on me a slight bit more but only a tiny bit.

Suppose Doug thought he wanted a sort of end to RD at the end of series 8 in case no more TV series had ever been made so I can kind of see its purpose but if no more RD had appeared I would probably still think it was totally terrible.

But anyway thank goodness there has been more RD made and very good RD at that so far and like I said in a post back in the spring maybe it is time to move on from that cliffhanger which has at least been slightly resolved a tiny bit.

Sorry for going a bit off topic.

19. Oddheads

Apologies for going even further off topic, but the reason Series 8 ends how it does is due to Doug initially writing an episode after Only The Good. It was simply called "Earth" and it went like: Ace Rimmer saved Rimmer, whereupon Lister and the others returned from the mirror universe with some weird antimatter substance that allowed the ship to travel faster than light, making them reach Earth in minutes. On their way down, they accidentally destroyed all the world's major monuments, before crashing into the sea and wiping out the entire planet. Lister, Rimmer etc. then got out the ship, and exchanged insurance details with one of the few remaining new lifeforms on Earth, whereupon it faded to black. So that's why Only The Good ends how it does, as a sort of cliffhanger to the next episode which unfortunately never came.

20. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Please be mindful of the Series XI spoiler policy when posting in this thread ladies and gents.