Copyright for a scene from Season IV Episode 1

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by P3X310, Nov 10, 2016.

1. P3X310

P3X310 Skutter

Hi there,
    I have a problem that no-one has been able to help me with so far. I need to use a picture from Season IV ep 1, namely the one where Lister holds up the flashcards SMEG HEAD in front of Kryten to teach him how to swear, for a student magazine article at my university's English department (Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic). I suppose I need a permission to use this, but the BBC said they don't own the right and that I should actually try contacting Grant Naylor directly through this site. I tried sending a mail to the legal@reddwarf.co.uk, but no response there. Does anyone know hot to proceed?

Thanks a lot for any advice.
    Pavel, the Czech bloke

2. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Hi Pavel,

Send your email to forum@reddwarf.co.uk and I'll pass it on to the relevant people at GNP!

3. P3X310

P3X310 Skutter

Thank you very much, Seb! The email has been sent.
    Looking forward to hearing from you, or anyone responsible for that!

4. P3X310

P3X310 Skutter

Hello,
    Do you have any new information from the responsible people? I haven't received anything via e-mail yet, so I don't know anything.

5. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

I was ignored when I sent an email in the past relating to the winner of the smeg outs competition!

To date, no reply!

6. P3X310

P3X310 Skutter

Yeah, this seems to be the same thing for me. Never mind, the magazine that was supposed to contain the picture I wanted is already out, my article is without pictures (lame...) but no matter. If anyone wants and still finds this thread, you can read it, it's available here . It's free and no profit or anything is gained through me sharing it, so I hope this doesn't count as shameless self-promotion or product placement. It mentions Red Dwarf so it should be relevant anyway.

7. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

You have my full support sir / madam