count on him

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, May 20, 2017.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

I watched Count Arthur strong last night, and I must admit, I quite liked it. Rather I liked him, the main character. Admittedly there's a lot more I hate about it, the supporting cast is woeful, and extremely unfunny. The script is pretty poor and the setting isn't really up to much. However there is something about the count I really like, I think its the way he talks, and the stuff he comes out with. Its a pity he's in a modern day bbc sitcom comedy really. It kind of reminds me of one them sketch shows where there's one specific character you really like, but the rest of the show's awful

2. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

I've recorded it to watch later. I really enjoyed the first TV series so am looking forward to this one.

Yes he's got a great voice and delivery hasn't he.

3. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

yes he has, and that's the main attraction for me. The trouble is its so stereotype 'moden bbc sitcom', poor script, ridiculous audience reaction to pretty poor jokes, badly thought out unoriginal characters that are pure quota filling (the Asian, the irish, the gay, the liberal metrosexual) a complete lack of subtlety in the script etc. It's such a pity the lead isn't in something a lot better than what he's lumbered with

Last edited: May 23, 2017