RDXI Countdown to Series XI

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Callisto252, May 31, 2016.

1. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

when it comes to another series after Series XII it very much depends on how quickly they do it because the cast are still getting older and they can't wait another 4 years from 2017 onwards

2. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Has there been any suggestion there will be more? I very much doubt it, personally.

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

4. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

New picture = :-D

I think I recognise that backdrop from another of Richard Naylor's recce pics. Loving Lister's Rambo look!

5. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I think future series will be decided based on the success/interest in these two upcoming series. Perhaps they have done 2 series close together in a sincere attempt to gain a bit of momentum. Hopefully they are quick enough to capitalise on any success they get. That last episode of series 12 will certainly be interesting in respects of red dwarfs future. There's no way of really knowing what's been discussed or plans until we get a bit further down the road.

6. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Wow! Now that does look good. Please someone tell me this is a screen grab and not a publicity shot. It's looking wonderfully dark and moody just as I'd hoped! If his is how the series will look, then I will be getting excited!!

I think Doug's been listening to me. He clearly realises I was right about series X, and is making amends.

7. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

According to doug it was more that they felt they could make 2 series on less of a budget if they did them back to back.

8. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

This also comes to mind:

[​IMG]

I remember a couple of the set reports mentioning a few nods towards Aliens. It does look as though they're going for a darker, grimier tone which can only be a good thing!

9. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

It's a production still, so it's a publicity shot taken on a camera, but during actual filming.

10. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

I love that new pic! The Rambo look suits Lister :-D

Yes darker, and you can almost sense the danger and fear even.

According to today's news item it is

11. currymonster

currymonster First Technician

I suspect it's partly because it's hard to get the crew together every year, but easy to tie them down once for 3 or 4 months rather than 2 x 2 months, 12 months apart.

It's given them the opportunity to get 2 series broadcast in 2016 and 2017 and show a bit of consistency. If by the time series 12 rolls around they is interest in more, they can get everyone back together in 2018 and make a couple more maybe. It kinda makes sense when you're only make 6 episode series at a time to do it this way. Frees the cast up to do other stuff in the 2 years between filming whilst still having something to show each year.

12. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Mmm, not what I was hoping to hear. However, the image is still encouraging and I really hope it at least reflects how the show might look on our screens.

13. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Well it does give us a good idea of the use of dynamic lighting which sorely lacking in series X, and how things will look on the location shoots. Further more Kryten looks a lot better in this pic which is also encouraging to see.

14. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Maybe it's the America one. They've caught/deactivated Rimmer and now the gang are on the run cos they're after Kryten. It could explain the headband??? :?

15. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

I like your logic, Strat, and there's a very strong chance you're correct, as Lister - at least to my knowledge - has never sported a headband before now.

16. Laylora

Laylora First Technician

[​IMG]

I'm a little late I know.

17. Slainmonkey

Also worth of note is that Kryten is holding the Psi-scan.....so that's now confirmed!

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

As Billy says, it's looks nicely dark and moody. It looks like something that could be from season 5.

It's difficult to see on a photo this small, but Kryten's mask still looks odd to me. And something about Craig Charles looks odd too. But maybe that's because he's getting old or the camera caught him at a bad angle or it's the strange face he's pulling.

19. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

I'd have said it was more akin to the filmic style of series 7.

20. Slainmonkey

But with the more dynamic coloured lighting seems more akin series 4-6