RDXII Countdown to Series XII

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Callisto252, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Woolford

Woolford First Technician

Hi all, sorry I be around for a while. Saw the new promo video for season 12. Really looking forward to the new season. Not long now. :-)

2. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

The Trailer.

Like the look of it, interesting they use the sombre music again, I reckon the end of the series is going to be emotional.

3. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Promising!

The data info gag for Rimmer was amusing: aliases: 637 found. Heh.

4. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

I wonder if this stuff about Holly is a misdirection, and there's still someone else coming back.

5. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

Hmmmmmmm, interesting theory. I just hope its not Kochanski.

6. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

That is, unless you actually try to, in which case you'll be able to easily find each episode within a day of it coming out. Then you can chip in by buying the DVD when it comes out.

There's no reason to deny yourself the episodes when you're still chipping in your fair share as soon as you're given the chance to.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  7. BigOleMummy

Well, I don't do cable. I don't do Netflix. YouTube is too small and dubious quality. I don't pirate. I'll wait for the DVD just like I have from the start. For the amount of pleasure I get from This my favorite TV series ever, waiting a little while and spending $30 or so is a small price to pay.

8. BigOleMummy

To be clear I'm just not a fan of her character. IF Kochanski does "come back" I hope its with Clare instead of Chloe. Nothing against Chloe either but she's just "not Kochanski" to me. She's a fine actor and attractive but THATS my main problem with her. She's TOO attractive for Dave. "Upper Class attractive". I just don't see her and him getting together. Now , with Clare, while very attractive in her own right, seems more........... working class attractive for want of a better simile. She seems "more fun" too, closer to Dave in temperament.

9. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

Oooooh now that would be an interesting twist. In the 'Holly' episode we see Clare Grogan as Kochanski.

I still reckon Ace returns.

BigOleMummy likes this.
  10. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

What about "the law"?

Belief in the rule of law is itself a moral argument (i.e., "I obey even laws that seem silly or pointless, because society won't work if we only obey the laws we agree with - and I can't ask people to obey laws they disagree with unless I do the same").

BigOleMummy likes this.
  11. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

For me Doug painted himself into a corner because while I'd prefer it if Chloe-Kochanski had never joined in the first place in VII, she did and now it bothers me that she's just out there somewhere and no one seems to care, not even Lister. I also want some clarification if they're still pointing towards Earth, because they have no idea which direction Kochanski was last seen going in - or do they? We've never seen Lister interrogate Kryten as to exactly what happened, though it may have taken place off-camera. But surely Kochanski would probably head towards Earth.

12. R.I.P. 2000

Was Kochanski mentioned at all in RDXI? Are the scripts online anywhere? I refer to the scripts for I-VIII quite a lot...

13. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

I don't know if XI scripts are online or not and I don't think my google is any better than yours. But I don't recall her being mentioned. The last mention was in Entangled when they thought 31-year-old Kochanski might be in the ERRA station.

14. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Well Kochanski was meant to show up in the last 2 episodes of Series X if i remember right but either budget or lack of location shooting stopped the shows from being made.

In terms of keeping Kochanski out of the show but saying she is still out there... yeah it getting abit silly in that regard

Its obvious Doug plans to bring her back at some point, but probably not as a regular.

15. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

I think I would like to see Kochanski in a one off episode if she comes back as a twisted alternative of herself gone psycho space crazy and a foe of the rest of the crew, that would be kind of a nice twist.

I'm now off on a Marathon re-watch of RD1-X1 DVD's before XII is on TV.

16. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

Blimey you're cuttting it fine Sunday, I started 6 or 7 weeks ago and I'm still on BTE.

17. Sammy Psycho

Aye, I am cutting it fine but I work from home so watching and working at the same should make it do-able :-)

BigOleMummy and Dismembers like this.
  18. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Thank GOD you are back!!! It seems not a moment too soon.

19. R.I.P. 2000

I think you're right, sadly. And we even have the lingering "Explain That" regarding the decision to go into stasis in Krysis - possibly leaving her to die of old age somewhere while they slept.

20. Sammy Psycho

Cheers Ant E, I thought it would be rude of me not to return when RDXII is so close to airing, things seem to have changed a little around here and so many new users and some old faces as well. Super, Lovely, Smashing. :-)