Craig Charles interviewed by John Bishop, tonight (Thurs) 9pm on W

Discussion in 'PARALLEL DIMENSIONS' started by ClareGC, Oct 4, 2017.

1. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

Craig is being interviewed on "John Bishop: In Conversation With" on the W channel, tomorrow at 9pm. There's a Red Dwarf clip on YouTube:

"John Bishop sits down with actor, TV personality and DJ Craig Charles for the latest episode in the critically-acclaimed series John Bishop: In Conversation With… on W. Craig discusses his long and varied career, his early start as performance poet on the Liverpool comedy circuit, iconic status as part of the enduring sci-fi comedy series Red Dwarf, and becoming a cast member of ITV’s longest running soap, Coronation Street. He speaks openly about his headline grabbing addictions, his family life and his passion for soul music, which has seen him tour the world as a respected DJ."

'W' is on Sky 109, Virgin 125 and BT /TalkTalk 311

...which I can't get. I've subscribed to TVPlayer Plus (£5.99/month) to stream it live (it isn't available on catch-up), and I'll watch the rest of the series with Melanie Chisholm, John Cleese, Joan Collins, Prof Brian Cox, Katie Price and Samantha Womack.

FeeBee likes this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

That's absolutely bizarre. Why on earth wouldn't UKTV put this on catch up via UKTV Play? Interestingly they've got all previous episodes back to the first series on Sky on demand, but not on their own on demand service :picard:

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Have put this on record for tomorrow :-)

ClareGC likes this.
  3. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

Yes, totally bizarre and I don't know why, but it's definitely not on catch-up, despite TVPlayer advertising itself as a catch-up service. So, since I can't change broadband provider, I'm stuck with streaming it at the time (Good luck to me on that, with my ultra-slow WiFi, lol).

4. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

I've had a reply from 'W': "W Channel is not currently available via the UKTV Play app, but there are more on demand options for you here: https://corporate.uktv.co.uk/about-uktv/article/our-channels/ Hope this helps."

I'd asked if there were any On Demand services other than Sky, Virgin and BT, as they each require 12-month home broadband and TV contracts , so they haven't replied to my question. I hope I'm not missing a service. It just seems odd in 2017, but I guess it's a financial arrangement.

5. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

Just watched this. It was a very wide ranging interview. Obviously nothing really about Red Dwarf that we haven't heard before.

Some rather interesting information about the rape accusation and charge that Craig was acquitted of back in the early 90s. I knew about this, and I believe it was the primary reason for the delay between Red Dwarf VI and VII. What I didn't realise though was his brother, Dean, was a police inspector back then. He defended Craig and was highly critical of how the police had handled the case and that made his future with the police somewhat untenable.

It gets very emotional towards the end as he talks about his brother, Dean. Dean passed away suddenly in 2014 while Craig was in Australia.

6. Comedy Store Fan

Comedy Store Fan Skutter

Great interview. Not usually overly keen on John Bishop I have to say, but the conversation was natural and flowed well, plenty of laughs. Did expect it to get as emotional as it did. Craig's a fascinating man, could listen to him talk all day. Blown away by his poetry too. I'd seen the clip they showed before, but when he just rattled that one off the top of his head it was amazing!

ClareGC likes this.