Craig Charles Red Dwarf Blog

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by steven87gill, Mar 23, 2009.

1. steven87gill

steven87gill Second Technician

Didn't expect this.

http://dave.uktv.co.uk/library/red-dwarf/craig-charles-red-dwarf-back-earth-blog/

Like It

2. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Nice to see Craig do something web-2.0ish like a blog. :-D

He's stepping firmly into Bobby's terratory here. :P I don't think any other cast members have much of an online presence? I know Norm keeps a MySpace where he moans a lot, but otherwise....

Anyway, having just read it, sounds like he really didn't want to be there. Which is nice. :?

3. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Heh, I just read it.

I shouldn't take that as an overall assessment of Craig Charles's attitude towards the project though. Blogs, by their very nature, are essentially diaries capturing a person's mood and thoughts at a particular time. He had to drive from Cheshire at 3am at his own expense*. And then he had to hang around for hours when he got there. In short he was tired, put out and grumpy, and couple that with his own satirical wit to exaggerate the situation, you end up with that blog entry.

*Which seems a bit much in some ways... until you consider that most people in ordinary jobs aren't given travel expenses. The whole point is that the wages cover that, and I'm sure he is being well paid, and he can certain afford it. It's understandable why he might feel grumpy about it though.

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Chris has his own website, but there's not much on there, and I don't think it's updated with any regularity. I like the picture on the main page.

5. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

I agree with MDN, just sounded like Craig Charles' sense of humour coming through. It would be a very boring read if he'd written it like a fact sheet.

:lol: You can't take that kind of line seriously, can you?

6. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

:lol: You can't take that kind of line seriously, can you?[/quote]

I don't think you can take any of the lines seriously! Craig just seems to be pointing out the many criticisms the new specials have received (before their broadcast *outraged*) ie; the age of the cast,(the criminal records of said cast) the budget and schedule in a really sarcy way. I love it:lol: