Crazy Theory

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by birty2k, Apr 13, 2009.

1. birty2k

birty2k Skutter

Just a crazy theory here guys, you know if the whole "infinite realities" thing is really true? Does that mean that there is a reality out there with the real Red Dwarf crew really marooned in space?

I would LOVE to think so :-)

2. replicon1

replicon1 Third Technician

Multiverse theory is mind-bogglingly complex but the way I understand it for every single descision that is made the oppisite is generated in parallel universe. This is not just whether or not you decide to eat corn-flakes for breakfast but every time an electron chooses to be in one place or another (as it exists in both places and neither at the same time). Thus, as there are an infinite number of possible universes one will exist where the crew of Red Dwarf are flying around deep space.
    Watch this: http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php
    And then this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4GZJpL8W0

3. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

What about hallucinations and dreams? Kryten stated at the end that the same was true for them too. I.e. the world they inhabited when they hallucinated, despite having a dreamlike quality for them (at least at the end) actually came into being and continues to exist after they left! And the same is true every time you dream! (So there's an alternate me that can fly out there somewhere? What about physical laws etc?)

I'm not convinced multi-verse theory stretches quite that far though, but it's a curious idea.

I don't think I believe in multi-verse theory, at least not the idea of spawned uinverses existing for every consequence. They're a fun sci-fi idea though.

4. Spm_V1

Spm_V1 Third Technician

In that same reality Norman Lovett gets loads of gags and Kochanski is Scottish

simpler times 8)

5. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Norman might have had a whole new series worth of gags to look forward to if he hadn't burned his bridges so badly in the last few days. And Kochanski is still technically Scottish, this was referenced in Duct Soup. The Parallel Universe Kochanski was from the "Richest part of Glasgow" which presumabley Clare Grogan's version wasn't.

6. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator