Dave adverts, where are they?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by h3lter, Mar 10, 2009.

1. h3lter

h3lter Second Technician

i understand filming has only just finished but dave really needs to be puttin adverts out there!

im constantly mentioning to people now that there are 3 specials coming and no one at all having heard anything about them! and most of these people watched red dwarf week in and week out!

we want red dwarf back for longer than 3 specials and the only way that is going to happen is if the viewing numbers hit he roof, so why is dave not letting the world know that its here and in only 1 months time!!

even if it just pops up with red dwarf logo sayin 10th april, it doesnt matter as long as people get to know!

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I'm sure we'll see some adverts soon.

3. steven87gill

steven87gill Second Technician

I've updated facebook and my space status with the date and time the new eps are on, though according to chris barrie when he recently updated his site ''The filming schedule for Red Dwarf ‘Back to Earth’ is underway and will take up the entire back end of February. The publicity for this will kick in to gear virtually as soon as the shoot has finished, if not before! For more specific info on anything Small and Rouge, go to the official Red Dwarf website.''

So, no need to worry then. :-D

4. admuz

admuz Second Technician

I was saying this the other day. We need big billboard signs in the streets letting everyone know about it. Dave need to pay some other digital channels to show the commercials. Word needs to spread!!

5. h3lter

h3lter Second Technician

definatly because only a small amount of people know about it! i just hope it rocks as much as i want it to lol

6. aceduder

aceduder Catering Officer

While were at it how about a major and I mean MAJOR leaflet campaign?

Joking aside I'm sure Dave are not going to miss an opportunity like this and will start advertising soon!

7. h3lter

h3lter Second Technician

i really hope they cross channel adverts, then im pretty sure it will break daves viewing figures!

plus im eagerly awaiting to see something, pictures are good but video footage is even better lol!!!

8. h3lter

h3lter Second Technician

was hoping with the updates today we might have had some sort of trailer but still nothing :-( any one heard of anything yet?

9. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

I would have thought a shorter but wider spread campaign would be best.

About two-three weeks before, TV ads start, bus stop posters appear, maybe even Taxi Cab wrap-round Vynals, quite a lot of Black Cabs have "Dave" vynals.

Best to spend it on where it'll be seen but with shorter notice than on YeSTERDAY for 5 weeks? :P

10. IronMaid666

IronMaid666 Third Technician

i cant wait to see some adverts. its very nice seeing all the pics but we all want to listen to some little snippets of diolouge but not to much to give the story away.
    I know Anderw you said soon about when a trailer will be on air but can you really say when it will be?????

11. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

It's all down to cost. Prime time adverts cost a fortune! I would expect small quick clips. Not even for the Episodes. An advert for the show, but not giving anything away.

12. aceduder

Dave have now started showing teaser trailers!

I caught 2 of them today 1 showing the space corps finest chicken soup vending machine repair man! (I only half caught the 2nd one so I didnt see who it was only that they were wearing red!

The one I did catch showed a fuzzy broken up image of the Red Dwarf logo followed by a fuzzy broken up image of Rimmer saying "Can you hear me?" sort of like an emergency distress call!

13. h3lter

h3lter Second Technician

oh my god! loving the ads!

im just recordin all dave programs on sky+ for the ads lol

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

All three are on Youtube now.

More info in this thread.

15. aceduder

New I should have started a new thread for that one!! Oh well!