Dave asks: Do we want another series?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Teatime, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Teatime

Teatime Third Technician

Check out Dave’s front page and http://dave.uktv.co.uk/library/red-dwarf/red-dwarf-live-chat/

They’re asking a question. Reckon we should go and answer?

2. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

>>Dave asks: Do we want another series?

Do lemmings like cliffs? Granted.

3. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

It makes me laugh that people on there are claiming that Dave staff are spamming the boards with positive comments. Considering Dave themselves are doing it to gauge fan reaction, what would be the smegging point? Do these people expect that the Dave people think a Dwarfer who hated it would be swayed by seeing that someone else did?

4. JakeGould

JakeGould Third Technician

The fact that they have to ask that question fills me with fear that they might NOT, of course we want the crimson short one back for a series!!! :-D

5. Washout

Washout Skutter

The comments are almost all completely positive! Thats quite a suprise to me after some of the scathing posts i've read on here over the last few days.

I'll be honest after reading various online reviews plus above said posts/comments my heart pretty much sank around my ankles with relation to there ever being anymore dwarf but with even the possibility of this coming to fruition i'm back in a happy place.

This is looking good fellow dwarfers. :-D

6. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

please, thats not an accurate display of peoples likes/dislikes. I remember someone saying Dave deleted any negative comments about Red Dwarf from the chat. So hardly a good representative of the fans.

7. Teatime

Teatime Third Technician

Why would they delete negative comments? They're gauging fan reaction.

They ARE deleting abuse, though; positive or negative. Some people simply appear to be trolling (or they're just stupid).

8. gcrawford407

gcrawford407 Skutter

when i heard that there was to be a three part special i was at first over the moon, then i though 'Wait a minute, this could go down like a bacon roll at a bar mitzvah' i was impressed although i was a tad miffed that kochanski was only in it for a wee while. imo RD:back to earth has been a hugh hit and DAVE has tapped into a gold mine! if Taggart can run for 25 years without it getting boaring then i think that the small rouge one could go a bit longer.

9. TheSinisterMrX

TheSinisterMrX Third Technician

HELL YES!! I know there are naysayers but the new series proved they could still do it. I LOVED IT!! The scene in part 2 where they are enhancing the photo had me in hysterics.

10. evelyn

evelyn Third Technician

Yes, of course! :eek: preferably without the adverts though :-(

11. theonion770

theonion770 Third Technician

I absolutely would love to see more. But at the end of these specials they finished on a brilliant conclusion, I'd be happy if they left it here.

They left a cliffhanger ending with Lister wanting to find Kotchanski, so I guess this is a loose end they could tie up. But really I think this was supposed to be left as one of those never-ending plots that leaves you with a feeling of hopeful optimism!

12. SimplePlan2k8

SimplePlan2k8 Third Technician

It's got to be done. Been reading some of the comments, and I just couldn't help but break into a great big grin while reading them. Red Dwarf looks like it is coming back, and coming back to stay. This is the relaunch of something big guys!

13. Kaluss

Kaluss Third Technician

Cool, thanks to the OP for pointing this out!

I've posted on the Dave site with my request for MORE DWARF!!! Need more... need more!!!

14. Washout

Washout Skutter

+1 jmc2000, You basically beat me to that response mate. ;-)

I assume most of the people frequenting these forums are Dwarf fans like myself.
    So whether you liked BTE or not would you not at least want to see for yourself if a new series would be any good?

Incidentally ive posted links to Dave's Red Dwarf Poll on all the other forums i frequent asking the Dwarf fans to help out getting a new series made. :-D

I personally really want to see another series made.

15. CJ_MAK

CJ_MAK Deck Sergeant

Does a bear smeg in the woods and wipe it's ass with a fluffy white rabbit?

16. drlobster

drlobster Skutter

oh yes!

17. Strata

Strata Skutter

Hmm, I am not signed onto Dave to message, but I can't help it is telling that it has 261 pages in 2 days!
    I feel so much more confident about it's revival now.
    From the viewings it has received, a new series could easily pay itself with those kinda viewing figures.
    Seeing as they are non-terrestrial (and always will be), no doubt companies will be scrabbling for the chance to put Ads in the breaks, possibly sponsorship due to it's popularity (McVities digestives??).
    Unfortunately the days of it being shown without breaks are gone...
    At least the viewing figures show a full comeback being financially viable for Dave, I doubt they could refute that. Awesome!

18. Tazbert

Tazbert Skutter

I love RD to bits, but I wasn't hugely impressed with BTE to be honest, felt a little bit rushed to me and didn't flow too well. But if Dave gave em a reasonable budget, made the shows a bit longer and got Holly & Kochanski back in, I think a new 6-8 show series could work.

Let's face it, thats the format that RD knows best.

19. tinstar

tinstar Third Technician

Andrew, I believe this thread needs to be stickied. Please.

What do we think people? Currently at 2094 comments and counting...

20. MaroonedDwarfer

MaroonedDwarfer Skutter

Of course we want another series and I am quite confident it will happen as Back To Earth has been successful and well recieved by the majority of Dwarfers who watched it.