delicate snowflakes

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Mind your own foreskin business.

Nikki the Great and Ant E like this.
  2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

3. Captain Capslock

Captain Capslock Second Technician

… … @doggybizkits is baaaaaaaaaaaack!!! :-D:-D:-D

AND WHEN DOGGYBIZKITS IS BAAAAAACK..... THE CAPTAIN IS BAAAAAAACK!!!

! ! ! B E S T I E S 4 E V A ! ! !
    . . . HOW OFTEN IS THE CAPTAIN BACK??? ...WHO REMEMBERS WHERE THEY WERE WHEN SPACEDAN SPOKE TO THE CAPTAIN??

. . .WHY DID SPACEDAN SPOKE TO THE CAPTAIN?? WE STILL DONT KNOW!!!

. . . WHY DOES NIKKI QUESTION @SPACEDAN ? ? ?

. . . @SPACEDAN IS A GOOD MAN. A STRONG MAN. AN HONOURABLE MAN.

. . . NIKKI, IF DOGGYBIZKITS SAYS DOGGYBIZKITS IS A JEWISH, THEN DOGGYBIZKITS IS A JEWISH. :mad:

[​IMG]

. . . WHAT DO YOU SAY NIKKI???? :mad::mad::mad:

Nikki the Great likes this.
  4. Nikki the Great

Well that's that then. If you get a banner saying you're a Jew, then you're definitely a Jew! My mistake!

5. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

So is that actually a photo of Spaceman/Danny then? He kind of looks a bit like David Cameron doesn't he? The posts might actually seem humorous now if I imagine that face reading them out.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Nikki the Great likes this.
  6. Nikki the Great

I never saw it before, but now I do :lol:

Also everyone knows David Cameron looks like a train.
    [​IMG]

Simonr1978 likes this.
  7. Sammer4Rimmer

Sammer4Rimmer Supply Officer

I think you're on to something regarding the internal difficulty with tribal loyalty and the intellectual commonsense viewpoint that your Jewish friends probably struggle with over the circumcision issue. However, I think it goes much further than that and is something entirely seperate from religion (although it can easily be applied to it) and more a part of the human psyche. Take sport, for example. I'm a passionate football fan and support my local team despite the fact that most of the time they are pretty dissapointing and their isn't any notable evidence to suggest they'll ever win anything. The intellectual part of me knows that I'm wasting my money on this hogwash but the passionate football fan part of me will argue the difference if someone "outside" the game tried to point that out in the aggresive, confrontational manner of a Richard Dawkins. If they put up banners outside the stadium saying "your wasting your money, your team are never going to win anything", that wouldn't be the way to convince me even though I'd know internally it was probably true and so I don't see it working for Dawkins either, more likely it will backfire on him and people like me who don't care one way or the other will just say "Oh no, not you again!" when we see him espousing his views.
    Similarly, the local tribal part of me will make fun of my football teams local rivals and the fans who follow them and will happily trade obscenities with them during a game wheras the intellectual part of me knows that this is a ridiculous way for a grown man to behave to behave. 100 years ago that sort of tribal behaviour would have found a different way to manifest itself and I doubt that by removing the existence of football it would somehow be absent from my psyche, just as in a Dawkins-like Atheist utopia, people would just find new ways to manifest all the problems that religion currently brings to the world.

Oh no, were a step away from Godwin's law.

Quick close the thread! :roll: