Desert Island Dwarf

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by kezzzs, Mar 10, 2009.

1. geekrock82

geekrock82 Second Technician

Thanks for the Memory (favourite piece of TV ever)
    Legion (highest laughs-per-minute rate in entirety of Dwarf, IMO)

... third one is a toughie. It's not simply a case of picking "favourite three episodes", after all (and since I've already got Legion I wouldn't take Out of Time). I'd probably want a nice, meaty character piece that stands up well to constant re-watching. Me2 or Holoship, probably? Marooned as an outside shot.

I think on balance... Holoship. Which I didn't expect to say, going into this. Interesting.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

And another ancient thread comes back to life.

3. 57194q

57194q Guest

moo ha ha

4. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

Only 3 episodes? This is a toughie!

Off the top of my head, I think I'd choose:

Waiting For God: I just love the story of the cat people, and the Quagaars sub-plot never fails to make me laugh! :-)

Gunmen Of The Apocalypse: The western inspired theme of this episode is awesome, and the way it was delivered is sheer genius!

Queeg: A tour-de-force for Norm's Holly, and just an all round great, and hilarious episode. It has a wonderful charm about it. xD

5. gem5ie

gem5ie Catering Officer

I've been avoiding this topic until I can give it the serious consideration it deserves.

Definitely Thanks for the Memory because it's just awesome; well-written and funny, with some wonderfully tender Lister/Rimmer interaction.

*thinks*

If I was on the island I'd want something really big and meaty and absorbing that I could watch again and again. I absolutely love series 5 but all the episodes feel quite short somehow. I'd probably pick Gunmen, for its fantastic story and then bizarrely it's all about series 7. A toss up between Tikka to Ride and Ouroborous. Hmmm. Epideme's quite good as well. And Stoke Me A Clipper has the best opening ten minutes of any comedy programme ever. Oooh. I can't decide.

*thinks more*

Ippy dippy, my space shippy, on a course so true. Past old Neptune and Pluto's moon, the one I choose is.... Stoke Me A Clipper

That was hard!! :shock:

6. 57194q

57194q Guest

and look how many extra posts it got

7. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

Hmm..

Balance of Power
    Parallel Universe
    Polymorph

Edit - or Marooned, hard choice

Edit - or Thanks for the Memory, I should stop editing this now.

8. carparkattendant

carparkattendant Third Technician

I'm going for Furure Echoes because it's an early example of Rob and Doug not willing to compromise their vision and Ed Bye leading the chaps towards executing that vision with style!
    Secondly, I'll have Meltdown. The cast chemistry in this show is on top form and I laugh every time no matter how often I see it. 'Caligula, I'm very cross indeed!'.
    Thirdly, I'm going to go for Back In The Red the big 80 minute version. Mainly because I have fond memories of when it was first shown and the promise that the eigth series really was going to be amazing. I still maintain that Back In The Red as a big 80 minute show has much to recommend it and pretty big laughs throughout. Just wish it had been shown as a one hour special in the first place!
    On the same theme, there is a fan edit of Only The Good on you tube called Mirror/Rorrim which vastly improves the transmitted episode by cutting out the really weak jokes, removing all the Talia stuff and including a tightened up version of the original ending. Well worth a watch and proof that there was a good episode filmed but it didn't quite come off in the edit!