RDXI Did anyone prefer Series X over Series XI?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Chris D, Oct 12, 2017.

1. RainbowGazelle

RainbowGazelle Second Technician

Dear Dave is one of my faves from X. But, I also love BTE, so...

2. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

In X, I enjoy 'Lemons' and 'The Beginning' the least. The other episodes I enjoy a great deal. Most of the episodes in XI, from the perspective of my own personal enjoyment, fit between my two least favourite X episodes and the other four X episodes. If that makes sense. So I guess I prefer series X, but my enjoyment of XI is more consistent through the series.

3. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

The "what an absolute slag" line is one of the few that actually gets a laugh out of me on Dear Dave.

Paul Taylor likes this.
  4. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

It seems a bit out of place and I think some people didn't like it. But I think it was appropriate under the circumstances. I get the same feeling from 'Kryten' when Lister uses the word 'ar@*hole'.

5. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I think that's all the series.

6. AJ Smegface

AJ Smegface Second Technician

I'll admit my fondness for X is mostly superficial: I love the way it looks. The set, the cast (Kryten's nose aside; I think Rimmer circa-X is the best he's looked since series V), the brightness of it all... Very pleasing on the eye, well my eye anyway!

That said, XI still contains my favourite episode of the Dave era thus far, Officer Rimmer. I love that episode...

7. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

X was bad because look old. Ew. Not people looking their age. This is appalling. I am like twelve or something, but I watched red dwarf when it first came out and they weren't as old. What happened to them?