Did you know?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by BrandoTech, May 13, 2016.

1. BrandoTech

BrandoTech Skutter

HI everyone, I realized an obscure fact the other day and thought it could start a list of facts that are small and got overlooked.

My example is this "Did you know Lister has had his appendix removed twice?"

If you listen to Rimmer during thanks for the memory and Legion removes the second one you might wonder where it came from. Well the crew probably would not have noticed it was replaced when they were messing around with the D.N.A machine.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'd say approximately 99% of Red Dwarf fans are aware of Lister getting his appendix out twice. It's Red Dwarf's most famous continuity error. Doug even made a jokey explanation for it in the novel Last Human by mentioning that Lister had been born with two appendixes.

One interesting mistake I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned before occurs in Stasis Leak. Near the beginning of the episode, Lister shows a photograph showing him, Kochanski and another man (who I think is Ed Bye). Later in the episode (in the corridor of the hotel) he gets the photo out again, but the picture is slightly different - the people in it have different facial expressions than the ones they had when Lister originally showed the photograph.

3. BrandoTech

BrandoTech Skutter

Being in the U.S. Its hard to keep up on things like that, however I think people could agree that the D.N.A machine could have restored it giving some closure through the TV series side although it's interesting that Kryten collected it at some point and kept it outside his quarters.

4. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Hi Brando, welcome to the forum and thanks for starting this thread.

Did you know......Mr Flibble was originally just a stand in during rehearsal's, with a new puppet brought in for the live recording. However no suitable replacement was found so our fluffy penguin friend had his 15 minutes of fame.

5. dibbleysmeghead

dibbleysmeghead Second Technician

One of my fav "Did you know's" - in 'Demons and Angels' there's a Tardis tucked away by the bay door's when Starbug is flying out.

Ya'll probably know of it already but it's a nice little addition.

6. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member