Dilema

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by adorabelle, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

Alright! In defence of my fourth favourite cat after my own three, sorry my fifth including Goldy from this forum, I see him as the fun friend Lister turns to when Rimmer gets too much. The friend who allows Lister to be himself without constant haranguement (I don't think that's a real word). Perhaps, in some ways, like Holly he became redundant after the introduction of Kryten. But I still think of them as best buddies. And I think Lister would have gone space crazy without him.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I like the Cat. A lot. But if I had to choose one person out of the main four, it would have to be the Cat because he's the least important. Not to mention the least amusing.

3. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

What Cat did rong? lol
    He was my favorite at the beggining

4. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

I would go with series VII AND VIII Kochanski. Awful character with nothing likeable about her.

5. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Completely agree with the Kochanski vote. Awful character, unfunny and just doesn't fit the concept. She was introduced for two main reasons:

1. Replace Rimmer (impossible)
    2. Impress Movie bosses who demand an attractive female

As we now have Rimmer back and there (almost certainly) isn't going to be a movie she should be sucked out of an airlock...or they could re-establish her as an essentially characterless, unreachable object of desire for Lister to chase after.
    What? they already did that: Fantastic!

How anyone can pick Cat over Kochanski is beyond me and I can only assume those that did were only considering the "core cast".

6. Paul Taylor

It's speciesism! Just because he's the only non-mechanical of the main characters who's not homo sapien or homo sapien derived. They don't even deign to give him a proper name. He's just The Cat. Oh, let the Cat die in a horrific explosion! It's not like he's human! Not surprising the BNP are on the up with attitudes like this. *Gets an egg ready to throw*

7. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

What do the Bri-Nylon Party have to do with this?

Anyway, the Cat is far more human than Gerbil-based Lister will ever be. Tell you what, we'll decide this by pitting them all into a battle royale to the death, Roman Gladiator style! First one to die is left behind, and then we can just have fun watching the other three fight it out. Or perhaps that thing Djuhn'Keep came up with in Backwards, the Death Wheel or something! Let's decide who gets left behind by using that sort of system!

8. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

Kochanski is teriblle character :-( They could do something better..... season 8 makes me wanna die

9. Paul Taylor

:lol:

Can we play the music Kirk and Spock fought to in Amok Time? If so, I'm in! 500 dollarpounds on Rimmer getting the light-bee kicked out of him.

10. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Sure why not? I'd actually be sorely tempted to bit on him winning, just because he is virtually indestructible in his hard-light form! Unless we get them to fight it out in the hologram-generation suite, he can't really lose! After all, there's no surrender in the Arena :twisted:

11. aceduder

aceduder Catering Officer

Gotta be Kochanski, you couldnt lose one of the possee (if you did wouldd that just make it a poss?)

12. peas_and_korn

peas_and_korn First Technician

Oh yeah just one nitpick- something is only a dilemma if you're choosing between two things.

13. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

I don't know why this forum, doesn't have a proper use of grammar and spelling enforcement policy yet! So many people seem to find it sooo important...

14. jacksolomonsmith

jacksolomonsmith First Technician

We must mantain standards Belle, otherwise we'll slip into depravity, the sun will fall down, people will eat each other, all that would happen don't you see? :-D :-D :-D

15. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

It is important. By the way, you spelt dilemma wrong in the title. :P

In reality online forums couldn't really create any policy of that nature due to the nature of the forums themselves. With an international base people from a wide range of countries can come to use it and therefore trying to enforce a primarily British or (Cloister forbid!) American grammatical policy would only result in trouble.

Bt stil ther iz nutin rong wiv gd stndrd spell n grammr iz ther

16. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

Alright, alright, maybe my last comment was a bit snippy.
    It's a fair cop- I have really lost touch with English since living in Italy and studing/speaking Italian all day every day. To tell the truth though, I really don't want to waste an hour checking my spelling or grammar evey time I make a post! And I don't think I should have to either if the message comes accross clearly anyway!

But for the more pedantic folk amongst you I will make more of an effort from now on... It will do me some good anyway!

Happy now?! :roll:

17. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

Yeah, I know. That's why I didn't pick a central character (the question didn't require us to). You've gotta think outside the box on these things.

18. jacksolomonsmith

jacksolomonsmith First Technician

Two things: you shouldn't have capatalized the "B" and "ther should be spelt "thr"

19. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

u iz tesh me stf blud? ho u fink u iz eh? i iz savig blud init, i iz 'arlo like.

I feel so utterly, utterly filthy after doing that. Embracing my roots in such a horrible way. Eurgh.

And Belle, sorry :-( Reads like we have annoyed you, and now I feel even worse, even after typing that stuff.

20. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

Why won't you just return? We need you now more than ever.