Dimension Jump XIX - April 2017

Discussion in 'RECRUITMENT CENTRE' started by Stephen, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Sarah

Sarah Console Officer

I really need to get on and get a ticket next month:-D

2. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

And good for you too Mr. Midnight sir for sticking with the teetotalness....but boo to you not going to DJ! ;-)

3. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

If that is the case, I really don't think I will be going this time. Still saving up at the moment and want a decent amount so I have money for spending and to cover my bigger bills that all come at that time of year. Really looking like DJ20 for me instead :-)

4. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Just saw this. I don't drink either, so there'll be at least one other person in the same boat :-)

5. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

I wonder if I could find out when the number left are approaching red alert. I'd like to bring a gentleman with me, but his work schedule is chaos.

6. Carrie TORDFC

Carrie TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

Your best bet is to keep a close watch on the TORDFC Facebook and Twitter feeds, as that's where we'll keep people updated when we're close to selling out. :-)

7. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Well that's reassuring. Genuinely so. :-)

Realistically I probably wont be participating in the karaoke or releasing my funky dance moves during the disco (although the latter may be for the best tbh, lol), but I'm hoping I at least feel up to getting involved with other activities and doing a bit of general mingling with the Muggles and magical folk :-)

And besides, I can hardly hide from everyone now I've released photos of myself in chat. Well, unless I wear a mask...oooh, idea! *starts working on a Kryten costume* ;-)

8. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

Thank you!! :-) Everybody on the team must be getting excited for the event.

9. Carrie TORDFC

Excited is one word to describe it! :shock: :lol:

10. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I forgot to ask what is the official capacity of DJ this year?

11. Carrie TORDFC

400 capacity

12. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

I'm surprised it's that low. Is that a restriction of the hotel, or the fan club's resources? Just wondering.

13. Carrie TORDFC

Low compared to what though? Remember that this is a niche convention compared to the likes of other cons. It's a number of factors, hotel capacity being just one of them. We're a non-profit organisation run by volunteers. DJ has always been run as a friendly, intimate affair to maximise attendees' enjoyment. We don't want hours of queues and no time with guests. We want guest/attendee mingling and close-knit Q&As. 8)

14. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Due to recent events, I will not be able to go at all to dimension jump 19. Hoping that everyone has lots of fun and looking forward to seeing con pictures after DJ. I am saving up for the one after :-D and plan to take a longer holiday since I will be saving up longer for longer.

15. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

That makes total sense, I applaud you guys for keeping it nice and small; I've actually stopped going to NYCC because it has turned into a veritable feeding frenzy; I never got in to see any panels, and I actually got claustrophobic in the dealer room because it had at least twice the maximum legal limit of people crammed in. I just thought that with the number of people on the forums and Facebook groups reaching several thousand that there might be a lot of people missing out.

16. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

Boo!! :-(

17. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

That's a shame FeeBee but totally understandable! Hopefully see you next time!

Is NYCC big enough to employ security to manage these kind of numbers?

18. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

It's huge... still not as big as San Diego Comic Con, but it takes up about half the entire Javitts Convention Center, and certainly the most popular convention in the Northeast. Not sure what kind of security measures they take there, though; I have to assume it's fairly adequate, given the location.

19. lidders2k

lidders2k Second Technician

Just booked two tickets and hotel rooms......looking forward to it! Never been to a convention before (of any sort, let alone RD).

20. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Tow tickets and two rooms for yourself?
    How greedy!!!