Do the cast and crew read these forums?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Jarvio, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Jarvio

Jarvio Second Technician

What do you think?

2. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Doubtful, but who knows? I think they may have possibly checked out this and other fan sites during the early days of the show. Heck, who wouldn't? But as all the main actors are pretty well established by now, with many interests besides just R.D., I would think the chances are pretty slim.

3. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

I'm sure they've looked once or twice. I'm sure I've seen Chris Barrie mention looking at Red Dwarf forums in an interview and seeing people complaining about how Rimmer touched something even though he was a softlight hologram. What sort of fan does that, honestly. I doubt they read them regularly. Doug might.

The Cat likes this.
  4. Jarvio

Jarvio Second Technician

If they don't read forums, I am just wondering where they would get their reviews of episodes from? To get an idea of what episodes are most popular. And with this being the official RD site, I thought I'd ask.

The Cat likes this.
  5. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

I expect some of the crew check out what’s being said about the show online, which includes this site, social media and other fan sites. Richard Naylor is very active on Twitter for example.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the cast have glanced at this site occasionally, out of idle curiousity as much as anything.

The Cat likes this.
  6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Robert Llewellyn signed up to the forum about 15 years ago and hung around for a short while without making any posts. He's the only one I know that has definitely been here.

7. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

This is my last word on this

I mean if you were them would you read them?:sulk:

Nikki the Great likes this.
  8. Jarvio

Jarvio Second Technician

No idea. I'd usually think not, but this is the official RD site so thought it was worth an ask.

9. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I think if I were in their position, I'd visit a fan forum when my ego needed a bit of a boost. Most of the time, more impartial reviews are probably more useful. As has been said, the cast have other interests. Craig has been known to avoid obvious dwarfers in the past. His main interests lie in music, I suppose. Anyway, I hope at least that they are all proud of their work on the show, as they should be.

The Cat likes this.
  10. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I seem to recall that there was something with G&T where Norman Lovett came on and made fun of them all, but that also could have been just the team over there pulling a prank. Not sure which.