Do you listen to the audio commentaries?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Elwood, Apr 4, 2009.

1. adamclark83

adamclark83 Third Technician

I love listening to the commentaries, especially the cast ones.

2. Aimi

Aimi Catering Officer

I nearly always watch the series' now with the commentary on. The episodes are funny, but they're scripted, and i've seen them countless times. The commentaries are random, unscripted (so i believe ;-)), the cast are just having fun with it and all the laughs are genuinely spontaneous.

3. Krysset80

Krysset80 Third Technician

I listen to the cometaries of all the sesons I bought. I realy like some comentaries.. its kinda like watching the episode/movie with the people that made it if you get me. The most exelent thing about the Red dwarf comentaries is that you get them for every episode.. think they are alone at doing that. Most tv series only have a few selected episodes comented. Must say it shows that they care for the fans.
    Oh btw was it people from here that did the fan comentarie? They never did say what site they were from.

4. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

There was a website competition. From the VI commentary, only Cpt-Darling was on the board. I joined the board after the commentary. Mandi and Cleo haven't been on the board as far as I'm aware.

5. Krytens_spare_head

Krytens_spare_head Second Technician

Always listen to them they can give you little nuggets of info on the scene you are watching and also are quite funny along with it :-D

6. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

Yes! I've listened to every single one. Most of them several times! :P

Some of them are just as entertaining as the show itself! Learning facts about the episodes from the cast members is great, and seeing them laughing at each other's jokes is also highly amusing! In fact, I've just finished watching the commentaries for series IV again. Some great stuff there. Things like Craig Charles' loud laughter at Elvis' "Hey! Heeeey!" during the end of the "Arnie Rimmer's Death Machine", and the cast trying to sing the theme song are just priceless! :-)