Does anyone really care what Norman thinks?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant E, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Pete78

Pete78 Third Technician

? ???
    If OJ was guilty and the fans felt no inclination to indulge in character assassination, and yet assassinated Nielson for offhand remarks, it would OBVIOUSLY be legitimate to expose the inconsistency and overreaction. ??? Are you trying to wind me up lol? Is that a serious argument?!

2. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

aha! but if u remember, OJ was found NOT guilty!

3. Pete78

Pete78 Third Technician

Obviously irrelevant. I said "IF OJ WAS GUILTY" because Danny was initially found guilty before being cleared -- all things had to be equal for the comparison to be meaningful.
    I think we're going to have to agree to disagree...

4. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

He did rob a bonk tho? OFFTOPIC ALERT JUST LIKE THE OTHER NORMAN THREAD.

5. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

87 posts in the last thread, 25 in this one so far. Yeah, it looks like a lot of people care what he thinks. And why shouldn't they? He is one of the stars of the show, after all.

6. tortexturtle

hahaha. I knew it would happen, though.

Oh and Pete09: Yes, I think we'll just agree to disagree on this one. While it was some fun, if we keep going we'll just spiral even more off topic. And what started a question about Norman Lovett will become an in-depth analysis of the differences between the English court systems and the American ones. Etc.

7. Cpt_Darling

Cpt_Darling First Technician

Just to say that these threads have gone so far off topic it's ridiculous...

My gripe is that Norman has continued to knock GNP and basically accused them off taking the fans for a ride..

It has nothing to do with 'law' nor the behaviour of other cast members, the two issues are not related or relevent.
    Anybody who thinks that the actions of the others haven't been discused at great length on these boards or other sites are either fairly new to 'Dwarf' on-line or have somehow missed all the topics of the past.

GNP have always supported Norman in his work and he even acknowledges that point on his main page by saying 'as you may have read on reddwarf.co'.

It would appear that many have missed a lot of what Norman has been saying for a while now or chosen to ignore it.

I do care what he says about Dwarf but only because I think he has without doubt , bitten the hand that feeds him on several occasions. No doubt he will sell his book using the Dwarf name, that's up to him..

Everyone can arrive at their own conclussion, I know what I think of him.

Having said that, I dont wish him any harm and agree totally that he is an integral part of Red Dwarf history, I just dont want to see him involved again.

8. tortexturtle

Thanks Cpt- D for getting the post back on track. The truth of the matter is as fans we have a very limited scope as to what is true and what isn't in regards to things Dwarf related. While we all enjoy the show immensely, none of us can really say for certain how the working environment of GNP is. Or conversely how the working environment with Norman is. haha.

When you say he's "bitten the hand that feeds", I say perhaps so, but maybe he feels he wasn't fed enough. I mean you can't be too upset with a dog that can't stop barking if he is indeed malnourished. And when his new book comes out that "exposes the bad working environment of GNP", will it be a ridiculously discredible bitch-fest, or a revealing expose (couldn't get the accent over that last e in expose to say [x-po-zay])? Who knows?

As a fan, I love GNP. Their continued dedication to us by giving us Dwarf even now is commendable and greatly appreciated. But due to the fact that I HAVE never (and likely WILL never [sadly]) work for them (although I'd certainly be interested in a job if they asked me), means I have absolutely no idea what kind of working environment GNP is.

That being said, he's probably just being grumpy and whiny. I'd probably be too thrilled to be under the employ of GNP (which let's face it, it would be a dream come true for me) to even think to complain. But like I said, in reality we just don't know.

Sorry for all the smegging parentheses.:eek:ops:

9. Pete78

Pete78 Third Technician

Link to the Danny character assassination thread before he was cleared?

10. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I don't know about 'character assassination', but the thread discussing Danny's conviction existed on the old forum, which is no longer available.

11. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Mind your own business!

Who asked you?

12. Ant E

^^
    Baiting attempt #838383838

13. Ant E

Hahahahahahaha I was very wise when I was young !!!!!

Serves you right for interfering @Bluey

Jack smith was quite the protege for you Bluey. Although a quick Google stalk shows jack is going very well for himself now!!!! A lawyer ya know!

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I don't even know what that is all about, @Ant E, and I'm not about to bother reading through the thread to find out. Why don't you summarise it all for me in a couple of sentences?

15. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Basically, some people were sympathetic to Normie not being in the rest of RD, and some weren't, and one thought he'd let the fans down.

(Sorry, @Ant E)

Bluey likes this.
  16. Ant E

You missed the key point out where @Bluey stuck his oar in and lectured me for creating a post when someone else was already talking about it in the garbage pod. Mob-Bluey strikes again....

Nikki the Great and Abe like this.
  17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

You're making me sound like a Mafia member now.

Ant E and Nikki the Great like this.
  18. Ant E

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: