Doug Naylor seeing commissioners tomorrow... :o(

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by R.I.P. 2000, Oct 27, 2010.

1. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I actually quite like seeing these little snippets of what is yet to come. It sets my mind going with thoughts of "whats happening there?" and "how does that come about?". And when one of the snippets finally does make an appearance in an episode, I'm usually left with the satisfying thought of "Oh...so thats what was going on there"

Although, in fairness, these snippets should remain as snapshots of a non-consequential nature and not vital plot points.

2. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

Agree with you entirely!

3. peas_and_korn

peas_and_korn First Technician

I'd like any new Red dwarf to have an imaginative intro, instead of a montage, which is what we've gotten so far (bar 1 and 2)

4. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

That's a good point, though - the long lead time. Plus, of course, Back to Earth began life, commission-wise, as a 20th anniversary special - eventually going out 14 months after the show's actual anniversary.

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Sounds very promising.

I'm much more confident about seeing new episodes now than I have been over the previous few months.

6. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

After Doug tweeted this

"An early Xmas present which I can't open until January. What a beautiful day Dwarfers!!!"

I have to say i've been waiting for Jan, come on Doug it's nearly Feb now !!! well not really but it is Jan 3rd. I've had all the cliff hangers in the series but this one is the biggest.

7. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

It's gonna be Ace Rimmer's original wig :P

8. Almighty_crj

Almighty_crj First Technician

It's the new remastered DVDs. Now having removed all original audio special effects and amplified the original dialogue for all deaf old fogies who remember the original episodes airing but can't hear dialogue for the sound of effects, or the dialogue for that matter.

With brand new model shots, which is basically anvil with a shuttlecock, a rock from the car park, the desk lamp & anything else they find in the office drawer, glued on & sprayed red. Filmed on a black curtain that Doug found in the back of garage because the old smegheads have too poor an eye sight to tell the difference between that and the original.:-D

More seriously, maybe the 35 mm model footage has been found?