Dreams

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Ant E, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Odd dream that happened: I was out in some unknown village, next to a farmer's field, standing and talking with a guy I didn't even know, and across the road, a boy appeared on his bicycle and called out to me, using my name. We both look over and the boy whacked his right arm into the crook of his elbow and shot up his middle finger, shouting: "THANKS FOR THAT!" I look puzzled, and asked the guy I'm with to explain what had just happened, but he wouldn't answer me.

Then a few more kids appeared and did the same thing. By now, I'm unnerved, but the guy still won't help me out.

Then more people appear next to us, getting in my face and coming out with vague accusations, none of which make sense.

Terrified, I ask the guy: "What are they on about? What are they saying I've done?"

He finally said: "Apart from Mexico, which we know about, they're saying you were responsible for the death of Yoko Ono."

I said: "What?!"

In the field were two pianos, facing each other, and seated at each one were two sets of people - four pianists.

Then the alarm went off.

jmc2000 likes this.
  2. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    I know everyone dreams every night but I rarely remember mine anymore. Age, maybe? I used to have such vivid dreams too.........
    Anyway, of the two dreams you've shared with us a young boy seemed to have prominent "roles". Did you have a young ...... tormenter or bully, mess with you as a child? I've been to Mexico more times than I can count and it used to be a pretty cool place though desperately poor. At least the northern desert areas I went to. Depressingly poor in fact. Have you been or wanted to go? Lol....... well any Beatles fan might harbor ill thoughts for Yoko. The pianos are a interesting "touch" ...... maybe a thought that two people are needed for a project you are involved in or want to be involved in? Doubled to emphasize that point? The open field suggests "freedom" to me or maybe Truth as symbolized by the openness and clarity of the field?

Forgive me for trying to analyze your dreams, but I find dreams quite fascinating these days. Supposed to be windows into your psyche and/or your hopes and fears. Keep them coming!

3. Kittypaws

I've got absolutely no idea what any of the dreams mean, tbh, though you're right about one thing: bully. In my case, the whole school was full of them. For the entire time I was there.

As for Yoko Ono, I have no real thoughts on her - she's an artist in her own right, but I don't wish her ill-will or anything like that, or harbour ill thoughts.

I did have another weird dream: when I was about 8 or so, I was in a school playing field and all I saw were skulls scattered about.

Then there was the time - 20 years ago - that I was standing in a charity shop and someone came in and shot me. As I was being lowered to the floor, I felt my life leaving me, and I saw myself die.

4. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Children can be quite monstrous indeed. Especially when the authority figures in their life (teachers etc.), abrogate their responsibilities.

Same here..... I actually think she's a fairly decent artist, in the graphic arts at least, her singing....... well I'm not as impressed.

:scared::eek::scared::eek: Have you had many losses in your life? Especially at or near that point?

Now that's scary. I've had numerous dreams of dying/death situations but they were sudden and I never "saw" my actual death. Car/Truck deaths mainly. Younger people have more of these type of dreams (from what I understand) due from their maturing and realizing that life CAN and indeed does end. Something younger children rarely have a real grasp of.

Again..., forgive me for butting in if I've bothered you any at all.

5. Kittypaws

@BigOleMummy - no worries, you haven't bothered me at all.
    Children:
    • frightful sods they were

Yoko Ono:
    • not a fan of her 'singing' either

Skulls:
    • no, not that many losses: 3 uncles, 2 aunts, 1 mother and 3 cats

Own death:
    • that's a bit strange, I know

6. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Omg, I totally plagiarised someone else's thread! Apologies.

7. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

I had a nightmare about fighting people off me and woke up with several big bruises on my leg.

8. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I had a dream last night where there was a clock, and in every minute, it would tick forward a normal second twice, then move forward most of the way around in one tick, and wouldn't move again until the last two seconds of the minute.

9. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

I had a pretty unimaginative anxiety dream where my boss told me off.

10. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

How many minutes did you watch* to notice and then confirm the trend? Or did you just "know" that's what the clock did?

*No pun intended.

11. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

It happened quite a while. A lot of other things happened too as this happened, but I don't remember what.

12. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

A weird one (aren't they all?) last night. Something to do with the local Morrisons - supermarkets regularly appear in my dreams for some reason.

13. Asclepius

Asclepius Supply Officer

I just woke up from a dream about Mechocracy.
    I don't remember much, but Red Dwarf was very busy, many people were on the landing bay or something and it looked really dystopian.
    Then came an alert. Lister, Rimmer and Cat were in science room and the fourth wall of the science room was visible. There was another door leading to the landing bay. When the alert started, Lister locked this door with padlock prevent the other people to get into the science room.
    The end.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Abe likes this.
  14. Underdunn

Underdunn First Technician

I had a dream the other week where I watched this episode of Red Dwarf where they visited a ship populated by a group of over-acting camp cretins in pantomime outfits... like most dreams it was all quite illogical so its difficult to explain, there was some nonsense about 'sand' that didn't really go anywhere for example - and of course, being a dream, nobody was really acting in character - I remember Lister inexplicably going off on one with a waitress he'd never met before because he didn't like the food... Cat was REALLY weird, swearing and chucking out misogynistic insults... Rimmer was talking about clitorises and how he used to spit on his ex lovers... It was all really, really strange, uncomfortable horrible stuff.

Woke up in quiet a sweat, I can tell you.

Abe likes this.
  15. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

This is the dream I had two nights ago. It was about The State of Origin, it is a a big rugby match that is held between Queensland and New South Wales every year. Since NSW has lost for the past 11 years I think it is. To shake things up a bit since NSW's keep losing the decided that the state of Victoria could join in. I was annoyed that the only thing in the news was the match between VIC and NSW since I don't like rugby. NSW's still lost but I can't remember if QLD won to VIC or if I woke up before the QLD VIC winner was announced.

16. Kittypaws

About a couple of nights ago, I had a dream in which I was hoovering a room, and with nowhere to put ol' Henry, I put the hoover in a cupboard. Yesterday, I opened the cupboard to see whether or not I really had put it in there. I hadn't. The dream seemed very real.

FeeBee likes this.
  17. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

it's always the scary ones that seem most real. Surprisingly, since I watch so many horrors, I have very few scary dreams, guess I've kind of got immune through saturation.

18. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

I had a crazy 'inception' type dream last night. Me and my immediate family were coming back from a family wedding (this actually happened 3 or 4 weeks ago) but then for some reason I wound up on my own, on a road near to where and I grew up and where my dad lives now, where I parked up.

I then went off to do 'something' I forget what (some details are sketchy) and couldn't find my car again as it was so dark. I was trying to use the light from my phone to find it, but then all of a sudden it was light and sunny again and I could see my car, however it was then driven off. It was at that point I realised I was dreaming, but like I realised I was dreaming, in the dream, I thought the real world was me looking for my car in the dark. So with 'Inception' in mind I started trying to jog myself awake by jumping up and down and throwing myself around.

I then actually started getting a bit scared, because I was so conscious of the fact I was asleep and couldn't wake up, I started to wonder if something had happened and I was in a coma or worse, thinking about the TV Show Life on Mars.

I don't know what happened in the end, ultimately I just woke up normally, not straight from the dream full of relief or anything.

FeeBee likes this.
  19. Kittypaws

:eek::eek::eek:

20. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

Omg you wasted a lucid dream on faffing about jumping and throwing yourself around??? You should've tried to fly off a building or something! :sulk:

Abe likes this.