Dreams

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Ant E, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

I haven't had any dreams in a while. Or if I had, I can't remember them. Which is usually down to the alarm clock, obliterating them within 2 seconds.

2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

I dreamed I won a shiny new award. Oh wait! It wasn't a dream!

Abe, Cloud and Pembers like this.
  3. Kittypaws

I finally had a dream! (I woke up from a sleep about 20 minutes ago, and it's taken me this long to write this) : I was in an audience with an unspecified TV show, and this fella came up to a desk with the biggest amount of reddish hair I'd ever seen atop his head, and a small amount of beard. I started giggling. He realised what was wrong, and he said: "Oh dear, I seem to have mixed up my beard with my hair." Turned out the whole lot was fake hair, and in his hurry, he'd placed it in the wrong way round: the bushy stuff was supposed to be on his chin and the small amount was meant to be on his head. I was guffawing away with the audience, and I woke myself up laughing. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :redface:

Abe and FeeBee like this.
  4. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Hmmmmmmmmm, as an expert in dream interpretation, I in my capacity as Dr. Sigmund Dummy say that's a very cool dream! Says much about you in fact. That you have the ability to dream in a comedy context speaks very well to your mental health and all around good nature. We're proud of you Ms. Paws :
    [​IMG]

Kittypaws likes this.
  5. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

I had a dream that it was New Year's Eve and we let off some party poppers, and then my mum immediately picked up the paper streamers and put them in the bin. I thought this completely defeated the point of the streamers. I said, "We might as well stand in the kitchen and discharge them directly into the bin!" So I got the streamers out of the bin and tried to drape them on stuff like tinsel.

Abe likes this.
  6. Kittypaws

Thanks, BOD! :-D

BigOleDummy likes this.
  7. Kittypaws

Woke up from a dream that's left me scared; its finally happening: the World is about to suffer an earthquake and a tsunami. About four hours previously, we had received news that an enormous earthquake and a tsunami will hit us and will rise up above all our buildings. I can't recall the earthquake actually happening in the dream, so I think it must've already happened. So now it's going to be the water's turn.
    I'm in some taxi. The driver says he's going to take a husband and wife back to some unspecified country, but agrees to turn around and take me to a place of safety.

What happened to him and the husband and wife after that, I don't know. I have no idea how he was going to get them back to their country. Turn the car into some sort of flying type at a touch of a switch?

The place of safety turns out to be a shopping complex, high up, each with food and water supply. Outside, and below by about six feet, there's a beach, with the tide barely going in and out. I know the height is about six feet, because I jumped it to gauge it. Then I realize I've got to get back in, as I don't exactly know when the water will start to rise. So I have found a way in, from a long path surrounded by trees and shrubs.

Probably about twenty minutes pass by when the tide starts to behave a bit more erratically, yet there are some people walking about and playing games like football. Another half an hour later, the tide is covered all the sand, and is now making its way to the building.

People are washing up plates and cutlery, though I can't even remember when any of us had eaten; it seems like things have already happened and I didn't even see it.

Very quickly, the water has completely engulfed half of the building - we can tell by looking out of some windows.

But before anything can happen, I awake. Half an hour later, I'm still awake, feeling scared that one day it really is going to happen.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  8. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

Sounds terrifying and all, but I had a dream @Cloud told me to use the gents, which turned out to be a tiny cage that went up like an elevator. So he told me to just wee on the cage floor, showering anything or anyone underneath.

9. BigOleDummy

You have a very vivid imagination there @Kittypaws . Were you watching or reading anything apocalyptic before going to bed? The sad part of your dream is its inevitability due to the Mid Atlantic Ridge.
    [​IMG]

Sorry for bringing that up btw. The good news is that its a subduction boundary and less prone to destructive movement and not expected to be destructively active for many more than our lifetimes. Small consolation I know as I live very close to the New Madrid faultline which IS WAY overdue for a very destructive "event". But being far from the ocean at least I don't have to worry about Tsumani's. At least in your dream you got to safety which is a good thing psychologically speaking, as it denotes a love of life in you.

10. BigOleDummy

Saaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy , a certain Donald J. Chump wasn't in there with you was he? :-D

11. Kittypaws

Weird thing is, I haven't watched anything like that in over four years - it just popped up.

12. BigOleDummy

Anything else been on your mind? I would imagine that you , being from a historically maritime Nation, could associate almost anything "bad" or frightening with the Sea. You did mention not noticing the earthquake but only the aftermath i.e. Tsunami.

13. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

[​IMG]

Nikki the Great likes this.
  14. Kittypaws

Thinking about it, it might be something to do the news, with two certain leaders threatening to blow each other up and the rest of the world with them, and it seemed to have merged. I don't know.

15. BigOleDummy

Yeah , very scary to see 2 "leaders" acting like 2 year olds I must admit.

16. Kittypaws

I'm absolutely terrified that if that happens, the whole planet will just explode.

17. BigOleDummy

Quite possible that if enough nuclear weapons go off in the same time frame and in enough places for it to trigger worldwide tectonic activity and that's not even considering the devastation from the blasts themselves OR the radiation and fallout. Sad commentary on the human species that 2 , 3 or 4 individuals could cause their extinction :shake::scared::shake:.

18. Kittypaws

Now I'm realllllly terrified....! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

19. BigOleDummy

I think more people should be tbh. Living in an equilibrium of terror is not normal. We as a species HAVE though since 16July45. I wonder how that's affected our growth AS a species? Hmmmmmmm, now I'll be pondering THAT for awhile!

20. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Kittypaws dream reminds me of one I have years ago. Must be 07ish because I've mentioned it on an other forum. In my world ending dream America was gone, taken out by a metiorite and most of the rest of the planet was taken out by tsunamis, Earth Quakes and the climate being out of balance. Was terrifying as I witnessed everything. I think the moon was taken out as well. I can't fully remember that park. It was big, red and a couple of satellite things orbiting it before it was hit. I was one of the survivors and was living in an under water city catching a train with lovely water views because the surface was to hot.