DVD Details: Latest News

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, May 8, 2009.

1. Teatime

Teatime Third Technician

People were calling for it on Ganymede & Titan, including in the podcasts.

2. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Fair enough. Although it does say "our" forum.....

3. brianbrian321

brianbrian321 Third Technician

I suppose fans could print out the sleeve on show on this website and then put it in a plastic case

4. Whizzkid

Whizzkid Catering Officer

Nice to know they've improved the covering from the TV prop. The DVD on Back to Earth must've been a really good teaser for the audiences. I remember a couple of years ago when Life on Mars series two was being promoted they made a TV trailer turning Sam and Gene into Camberwick Green characters, later it appeared in an episode during the series and was a bit extended.

:-D

5. gerardmcm

gerardmcm Skutter

Got to ask - if the intent is to match as closely as possible, why isn't the back cover blurb *exactly* what Lister read out ("how long left to live" vs. "plead for more life" at least, and I think they added bits as they went along)?

6. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

5.1 Audio BRILLIANT!
    I hadn't expected that!
    Turns out I'll be in the UK on 15 June so I can pick me up a copy!

7. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Will there be any kind of DVD signing in HMV Oxford Street again like series 8?

8. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

9. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

I was hoping there'd be an additional documentary to go with the already existing "The Making Of: Back to Earth", and as always GNP have provided. 'tis all shaping up to be a package that exceeds initial expectations, as is typically the case with these DVDs.

Although based on that last comment Andrew, are you saying you were slapped in the face with a rubber tentacle? After all, you were closer to the production than all these bonus features are going to make us... :P

10. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Liked the new article. Plenty of information, thanks. I'm glad they're covering the new characters and Kochanski in particular. That latter is what I really missed on the TV documentary.

11. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

"Will there be any kind of DVD signing in HMV Oxford Street again like series 8?" That would be TOO cool as I WILL be in London on 15 June and I WILL be in Oxford street...

12. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Yeah, we had to keep the broadcast doc focussed on non-spoilery stuff in case, when it's shown overseas, it's used as a lead-in to the shows. For the same reason it doesn't cover the fourth-wall break, dwell on the squid, or cover any of the business with The Creator. If it's going to be shown right before the episodes, it'd be a shame to blow the shocks for anyone who's not been following the whole business online.

13. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Fair enough, that makes sense.

14. BonjelaPrincess

BonjelaPrincess Third Technician

That would be brilliant if they did. I'm buying the DVD for my friend for her birthday so she can get it signed at DJ but I know she'd love to meet them closer to her actual birthday :-)

The DVD is sounding fantastic. I was just going to buy one copy for my friend (as already mentioned) and then wait a while until I get a copy since I'm a bit broke money wise at the moment but I think I might have to get my Dad to get it for me now- it sounds too good to wait for.

15. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

This sounds exciting. Can't wait to get my hands on the dvd.

16. dwarfpals

dwarfpals Skutter

Soooooooooo looking forwardto dvd and watching again. Extras should be quite good too. Just pre ordered on Amazon for release on June 15th.:-D:-D:-D

17. RedDwarf09

RedDwarf09 Second Technician

I'll get it as soon as it comes out! Then I'll have every episode on DVD! YES!

18. PCz911

PCz911 Third Technician

It is, however, a bit of a downer for those of us who live outside Blighty.

19. RedDwarf09

RedDwarf09 Second Technician

I'm sure they'll sell it in a few months, and anyway, Ebay, Amazon, etc. surely they'll sell it?

20. bond_villain

bond_villain Third Technician

I live in Sweden, and have pre-ordered it through Amazon. Can't those of you across the pond do the same? Or don't Amazon UK deliver to the States?