DVD Details: Latest News

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, May 8, 2009.

1. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

Your order for Red Dwarf: Back To Earth (2 Disc) has been posted. Yay
    And if Play.com are operating as usual I should get it on Saturday:-D

2. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

amazon.co.uk says it has been shipped as well WOOHOO!!

3. my3dtvtan

my3dtvtan Skutter

Got mine through the letter box at 9am this morning :-D

Hmv.com are getting almost unbeatable on pre order items. In the last few weeks Ive gotten five high profile new releases a whole 3 days before offical release.

Watched both disks a couple of times now and the show is dramatically improved in the directors cut edit as it feels more flowing and the narrative gells bettter. I wont give any spoilers from the commenteries but the cast one is lough out loud funny and Doug's offers some very revealing insights. The second making of 'Part 2' is far better than the one broadcast with more in depth interviews and opininons and feels more for fans than part one which is more for casual viewers. The smeg ups are what weve come to expect from Dwarf dvd's and the deleated scenes offer some interesting narrative points that are explained by Doug's optional commentry.

Not found the damn easter egg yet!

Best thing about it is holding the actual dvd in your hand in time with the scene in the store where Craig reads off the back of the dvd. Its word for word and offers a further dimension to the show. Only slight point is that the actual dvd is alot more slimline than the one in the show and has a gloss finish but that is super geeky and I will stop talking about it now ;-)

Dvd menues are good but not as dynamic or animated as the series dvd ones

Love this episode for what its worth and enjoy it each time more and more. No surprises as such on the dvd but alot of effort has obviously been put in to sections such as the featuretts to enshure fans dont feel ripped off after seeing it for free on tv.

Hopefully dvd sales will be the driving force behind another return.

Ill discuss the revelations when more people have recived it as I wouldnt want to spoil it and technically this isnt ment to be seen untill monday.

4. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

Personally I find overly animated menus a bit annoying after the first couple of times viewing them-....

5. steff85

steff85 Second Technician

i was going to pre order it but i dont have any luck with ordering off the net, i.e everything takes forever to come and i didnt want to get up monday and it not be there lol so im going to buy it in the shops, and if its sold out you will all hear me scream :lol:

6. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

For the first time in a while i didnt order online. But i will dander down to HMV when my GF goes to class on monday to partake .

7. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

Got mine two minutes ago in the post:-D

8. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

Don't think I'll be getting mine today the postman hasn't even been down my street at all today and seems like it's getting alittle too late to think that he is. Shame as I could've had it this morning with the other people who ordered from play

9. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

I think the problem is with the postal service who pretty much seem to do their own thing

10. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Or, in other words, sweet sod all. Royal Mail are a bit of a joke a lot of time to be honest. Oh well, could be worse I suppose.

11. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

Hope it is here early on monday then otherwise I could have just biked down to blockbuster/ whsmith and brought it

12. brianbrian321

brianbrian321 Third Technician

why start a new thread that exactly mirrors this one? :evil::roll:

just post in this thread

13. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Yay got mine. Awww no little booklet this time? I love those things ;(

14. brianbrian321

brianbrian321 Third Technician

eventually got round to watching the directors cut of RD BTE and have to say it is utterly fantastic - the pace is perfect, the story is clever and tight, the jokes are perfectly timed

I hope they don't bother going back and explain the missing plot holes - forget series 9 and 10 - just get on with making series 11, with lister trying to get Kochanski back