DVD Details - May contain some items of spoilers

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Stephen, Sep 28, 2012.

1. CaptainHallam

CaptainHallam Second Technician

Mine hasn't come yet - damn....

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I've only had a brief look so far. My initial reaction is a slight feeling of disappointment as this DVD isn't as well-made and as loaded with extras as most of the previous ones. However, I watched part of the documentary, and that at least seems as wonderful as ever.

I also love the reversible cover with the picture of Jesus on the spine.

3. Whisper

Whisper First Technician

Just had to say thank you to Peter who sent me this fab BTE cover! Amazing piece of work.

Top bloke!

4. jaykhunter

jaykhunter Second Technician

I just got the blu-ray today. Although the docu is interesting, I must admit i'm a little disappointed it isn't laid out v similar to past series, it just seems a lot more disorganised. No music cues either, that is a big shame. It's weird to see footage in HD but not 'film quality'. Overall though, v happy with it. I knew it was a rush job and things were tight, but I didn't know Doug (and co?) had to PAY for the audience themselves and he wrote/finished two of the scripts over two weeks for Xmas. It's a miracle it all didn't just blow up!

5. PeterMoore

PeterMoore Skutter

My pleasure. :-D It seems the requests are flooding in for this. I'm glad people like it and it's getting some use.

Peter

6. CharlieTeague

CharlieTeague First Technician

Peter's cover is fantastic, showing great effort and taste.:-D
    Many thanks to him for taking the time to send me it.

I wish they'd hired him to do the RDX DVD cover because I think the one we got was amateur at best, that includes the reverse cover.

7. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

So where can I get that cover to print out an use instead of the ne that comes on the BTE DVD? Can you send it to me? Cheers.

8. Whisper

Whisper First Technician

A conversation over matching spines resulted in CaptnDan showing us his DVD spines:

CaptnDan then posted a link you your covers.

On a seperate note: Have you considered making a BluRay version if you have the psd file, the time and lots of patience :-D

9. suekay87

suekay87 First Technician

Got paid today, and I'm now the proud owner of Series X.

(my inner completist can now exhale)

10. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

agree with jaykhunter

11. CharlieTeague

CharlieTeague First Technician

Just thought I'd knock up a little alternate DVD cover, I wanted to go for the same vibe as the standard outside cover but make it more artistic and hopefully more towards the standard we're used to. I think it turned out vaguely resembling the sleek Back to Earth Cover.

Sorry, too big to post here!

12. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

That's pretty good, Lemon. The main background image works well.

13. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

As much as I enjoy a matching BTE cover, it takes away the novelty of having the characters take the DVD cover out in the store, and having a replica of it be the real DVD cover. It's a 4th wall breaking joke in a 4th Wall breaking special.

14. PeterMoore

PeterMoore Skutter

I'll admit I have considered it and do have the psd file and the patience, but it's the time that I'm lacking. :-)
    Shouldn't be too hard though really, just chopping off the top and moving stuff down a bit. I'll give it a try when I get the chance, maybe over the christmas period.

Peter

15. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

I will be getting this at some point and am really looking forward to watching the extras. Which reminds me - must actually get round to watching some of the commentaries on the original DVDs and may watch one tonight.

Does anyone else wish blu-rays came in DVD cases? They look so ugly compared to shelves of DVDs and stand out like a sore thumb.

16. chunhat5

chunhat5 Skutter

17. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

Really dissapionted with the dvd, the cast commentary's are what make the dvd great really missed it this time. They just wanted to get it out before Christams get the sales.

18. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

Really dissapionted with the dvd, the cast commentary's are what make the dvd great really missed it this time. They just wanted to get it out before Christams get the sales.

19. mtullock

mtullock First Technician

while I know this is a little cheeky, does anyone have a copy of PeterMoore's awesome BtE cover? I am itching to recover my copy and am not sure how often the author is on here. Full thanks and all that to PeterMoore and anyone who can send it to me. :-)

cheers

20. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

Just a quick question, but do the DVD's eliminate the 'Red Dwarf X' inter-titles that marked the advert break?