DVD extras and documentary online?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by bedfordfalls, Oct 30, 2016.

1. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I see that Ganymede & Titan are reporting that the DVD extras/deleted scenes etc are now available for free to people who bought a "season pass" on i-tunes/android. The documentary is apparently also available to purchase there.
    I bought the Season Pass on the BBC store but there is nothing of the kind available on there right now. Does that mean I miss out on something that other people get for free just because they opted to buy the show on a different platform?

Can someone at GNP confirm what is going on with distribution?

2. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

That would certainly be annoying but if it helps I bought the doc from Amazon Video yesterday for £2.50. Seems like a small price to pay, even if technically you should already be allowed to watch it.

Obviously depends if you have Amazon Video in your area. Other services might have it though for a similar price.

3. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I've had nothing but dissatisfaction with the BBC "Season Pass" even before this apparent decision to keep things as Vanilla as their DVD outings usually are.

Not only does it force you to use it's own stupid "downloader", when I finally did manage to get that working and downloaded one of the gigantic files I found it was in a format that isn't recognized by any of my media players. I've yet to have any success getting it to work. The only way I've been able to watch any of them is by streaming.

This is not my idea of purchasing digitally for convenience to download and keep. It's an experience I will never repeat with future Red Dwarf series.