RDXI DVD re-edit?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by barnaclebill, Oct 16, 2016.

1. barnaclebill

barnaclebill Third Technician

Loving the new series of RD.

Just had a thought - Is there time now or in the future for Re-edited versions of the XI shows? They are all good but I can see how each episode could be improved by a little tinkering. For a spoiler free example, in Give and Take the medical droids 'reveal' would work better if it was kept from the audience and shown later, I think that would make for a much funnier pay off.

Does anyone else agree with me?

I think if you offered DVD's/Blue-Rays with new improved edits not shown on TV many more people would buy them too, hint hint ;-)

2. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I actually thought it was funnier that the audience were keyed into Snacky's origins before the crew.

3. HO HO HO I'M JMC

HO HO HO I'M JMC Deck Sergeant

Agreed. The reveal itself isn't a big laugh, but you need to know who Snacky is, to get maximum value from the misunderstanding.

For instance - Kryten's self-correction with "Professor" is a great moment, which requires the audience to know more than the characters do.

4. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

Also bearing in mind the scene just after where we meet the next guest character, would tell us something.

5. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

We might get alternative or extended endings on the DVD as we have done in other series of RD but I can't imagine anything else like reveals of Snacky being changed. After all if Doug edited the eps to go out the they have then I would think that is the way HE wanted them to go out, Doug is the writer so why would he now think it needs changed ?