RDXI Dwarf moments that make you morally uncomfortable

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by jmc2000, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I hate to be That Guy, but I do believe that the spoiler policy specifies that it still requires the proper series tag. Now, that said, it does bother me that we can't upgrade our old threads from RDXI to RDXI/XII, or that the discussion theeads are just tagged [RDXII] such that we can't actually discuss how any of the new episodes relate to series XI.

I wonder what @Seb thinks about this?

2. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Catering Officer

Ugh, sorry I forgot that bit - been reviewing Siliconia :-) Yeah, then I'm not sure ...

3. Rameses Niblick the Third

Rameses Niblick the Third Skutter

I find it astounding that the first thing some people thought about the "black head" gag was a racial slur. Sign of the times we live in I suppose some just want to take everything in the worst possible way. You can see the ugliness in everything if that is all you look for.

Ant E likes this.
  4. Underdunn

Underdunn First Technician

As a petty narrow-minded individual, I find your post extremely offensive towards me and my kind.

5. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

The person who thought it was a racial slur doesn't have English as a first language, and won't have known that "black heads" could refer to anything other than literal black heads.

Might it be an idea to practise what you preach? I mean, look at what you've done here. You're complaining that "some just want to take everything in the worst possible way" while doing exactly that yourself. A non-native speaker of English had an innocent misunderstanding about an unfamiliar English idiom, and you decided that he must be looking for nothing but "the ugliness in everything"!

Maybe don't take what other posters say in the worst possible way, when there's a more generous interpretation of their posts?