Eeep!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by supercat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Psst, any chance of a behind the scenes/on the set documentary for the dvd, that you know of? :-) .. if there isn't one planned at this point, then perhaps you could just keep the camera rolling accidently on purpose or something, i'm sure someone could then put it together for a nice little docu for us dvd geeks.. ;-)

2. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Am looking forward to it a great deal, from what I can remember from my last time at Shepperton (for the recording of Rimmerworld) I was in absolute awe at seeing the Cameras being rolled into place, there was one Boom operator who near the end of filming was nicknamed "Fried boom operator" as he was under one of the massive lights. I was torn between watching the performances of Craig, Chris, Robert and Danny and seeing everything on the Studio floor, Cameras in the right position the odd boom in shot.

(N.B. A few months back Cast/Crew from Elstree were filming down here in Southend on location for Eastenders and was fascinating seeing how it was all shot but thats another production)

I know that this time will be very much the same, but whats exciting me is the fact that this time steadicams going to be used and as Stage K is a bigger stage am guessing this is indicative of the scale of the Sets.

Its more than understandable that you have to be careful, on our etickets its even told us to not say anything (and rightfully so) about anything we see being recorded which could be a potential spoiler.

Whatever is allowable will be more than enough for those of us who wait with baited breath everytime either yourself, Doug, Robert or Danny tweet :-)

3. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Beeping epic!

EDIT: Here's that picture Richard talked about

[​IMG]

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Wonderful picture. It's great seeing the four of them back together, isn't it?

5. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Ahhh it is indeed. :-)

Love seeing it.

6. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Totally and without doubt, it needs no explanation its just superb and lets face it, 20,249 likes on Facebook within 20 hours cant be wrong either :-)

7. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

glad to see chris barrie still has hair ;-)

8. Freeborn

Ah, t'is a great sight indeed :-) (the four of being back together i mean, not the hair)

Boys from the dwarf 8) *does the shakey hand gesture thingie*

9. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

2 weeks tomorrow it all starts! :-D

10. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

For anyone interested, Roberts going to be on BBC News tonight at 7:30... To talk about Jeremy Clarkson, at least it will be nice to see Robert :-)

"And we can now go to our reporter live at Shepperton Studios in Middlesex aboard the mining ship Red Dwarf- sorry and we can now go to our reporter live."

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

What on earth for? Something to do with Clarkson's recent controversial remarks?

Also, which channel will it be on?

12. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Yep, about what he said last night, Robert made his feelings very clear about him earlier today and obviously enough people have coerced him into speaking to the beeb.

"Soooo, its all my own fault but I've been bullied, nagged and pestered to talk about Jezza on BBC TV news this eve. Sometime after 7:30."

Am guessing that this will be on BBC News 24, Sky Channel 503.

13. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Ok, thanks for letting us know.

I'm quite intrigued about what he'll say now.

14. Freeborn

Clarkson was just kidding! urgh! we live in such a 'politicaly correct' society nowadays, can't say anything without some dirty smelly "left wing" hippie crying and complaining about it! It's just an act, it was a joke, jokes can't be offensive. It was just satire for gawd sake...Grrr!, wasn't like this in my day!.

...is likely what the misguided self-percieved "anti-pc" brigade will be shouting from the roof tops.

Clarkson just wants attention as always. Although having said that, he does appear to genuinely have some very primitive and misguided views. He supports his old mate Cameron for a start, so his comments are hardly surprising really..;-).

EDIT: nice to see they're actually talking about real issues, as opposed to taking the infotainment approach to silly levels. (bbcnews now)

15. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'm currently watching BBC News on Freeview channel 080 and there's no sign of Robert.

16. potatojunkie

potatojunkie First Technician

He's on at 8:30 now. He's just tweeted

"Okay, my confusion, such a flurry of e-mails and tweets, I'm on at 8:30. And as many have said, storm-in-teacupsville"

17. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Roberts just said:

"Okay, my confusion, such a flurry of e-mails and tweets, I'm on at 8:30. And as many have said, storm-in-teacupsville."

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

So is he speaking up in defence of Clarkson?

19. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

lol, gotta love synchronised posting :-) *Is cracking up at the hilarity of it*

20. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

I'm going to be careful with what I say here, as I've been careful with what I've said on Twitter about this all.

Jeremy Clarkson is not what you'd call prewatershed material, him being on national tv at peak time was always going to be risky, some take the view that it was "A joke" whereas others are going seriously ballistic.

Its funny you mention david cameron because d.c. was on This Morning, this morning saying how he hadnt seen the actual broadcast and if I remember correctly when Johnathon Ross and Russel Brand did what they did a few years back not many people had listened to that.

J.C. is and will always be a controversial figure whos onscreen persona is "Hallo, I'm Jeremy Clarkson my views are right, yours are wrong and if you disagree I'll run you over in my Maserati!" there are people who love him- *Cue superinjunction lawyers* there are some who loathe him, he's somewhat apologised but goodness knows what will happen next in this sorry saga.

The only thing that does concern me is the fact that Roberts going to speak up about this and I worry how that will go. But I'm for Robert all the way.