Eeep!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by supercat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

If you've read his Tweets you'll see that he in no way does defend him.

P.S. How in the name of Yoda do I do multiple replies to quoting posts?

2. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Robert was spot on!!!

Did a smashing impression of clarkson and said it how it was. Who else saw it?

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Robert was great on the BBC news. Very eloquent and made his points well. But I think he's blown his chances of ever appearing in Top Gear's 'Star In A Reasonable Priced Car'.

He also mentioned he's met Clarkson and that Clarkson was very rude to him.

4. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

When he said that about clarkson thats when I booed the tv, he was brill and loved what he said about the Beeb.

5. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Isn't that the same as saying he met Clarkson and the man happened to open his mouth?

You know, I must say that if anybody watching that was a white male convervative, banker, Thatcherite sort of person, they may have been offended by it. In which case we need to drag Bobby Llew up before the world media and throw him through all this for making a joke on TV that could have caused offence! Okay, obviously we shouldn't because contextualised we can see the reality of it, as with Clarkson.

Let's face it, this whole debacle reeks of a "slow news day". If we really needed it on national news every time Clarkson caused offence it would be the only thing ever to appear on the national news. He offends every time he says anything, that's how he is.

6. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Inane yes, supportive?, quite obviously not. There was no "ballance" whatsoever, he simply joked about being able to drive about while the streets were free, then joked about having people shot and whatnot.

As for being "PC", it's often such a subjective term, and one often used for very different reasons too. And besides, what's correct "politically" to you, may not be to me. I mean, if the status quo agrees that racism, violence or stealing is wrong for example, regardless of whether someone finds the way in which it's said or done funny, then yes i'm "politically correct" in those instances. :-)

Then there are ways in which most of us have learned to be what many would call "politically correct"....is it "PC" to call a drug addict an "alcoholic", and what is usually termed as "a come down" as a "hangover" if refering to a certain legal liquid drug?...or is it i who is being overly "politically correct" for suggestiong it's odd that we differenciate between the two?...

PC = Perception Control ..;-)

Agreed. They should have added "...he said, in his typically attention grabbing jokey borish manner" ...;-)

In all seriousness though, you can't expect mainstream jouralism to be completely without biases.

Personally, i couldn't care less what he said. I am however slightly baffled as to how anyone could find what he said funny. I mean, i'm still waiting for the punchline. But hey, it takes all sorts i guess. Some people find Craig Charles' stand up funny :shock:... ;-)

7. Freeborn

D'oh! i was too busy ramling on here and missed it. :roll: I watched bbcnews24 at 7:30 though, didn't see Robert and so wronly assumed there had been a change of plan. Ah well, i'm sure it'll be put on bbci player or someother on-line source.

8. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

At the end of the day Clarkson, no matter what the subject he talks about is just a complete twit anyway.

9. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Haha! I just watched it... I'm almost crying with laughing. So Jeremy Clarkson also hates Black, female nurses? Haha! I wonder if the beeb have received any complains about that comment? And the news reader just managing to cut him off in time!! Classic!

But Bobby is quite correct in what he is saying. Jeremy was asked his opinion and he gave it... yes he probably didn't quite word it in a way that was very diplomatic and politician-esque, but he was honest. I don't agree with what he said, but it's his right to have an opinion... and they asked for it. The One Show should maybe have seen it coming... they know what he's like!!

Anyone who hasn't seen Bobby's response click here.

10. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

anyone seen the latest DAVE update?

early make up test

the kryten mask is an early test

11. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Short and sweet. Fun! :-)

12. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I thought the Jeremy Clarkson stuff was the biggest over reaction I've ever seen. That Union boss that they had on as well was annoying especially after saying it offended them because of representitives in South America. People are shot all over the world so obviously a joke about someone being shot would cause offence to at least a few people.

Anyway...

For some reason I can't view that video because of my location!?!! I'm in the UK you gimboids!!

13. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

*Stands up* I agree with the comments the right honourable lady made said some moments ago. *Sits down and awaits his knighthood*

I saw it last night and was in absolute hysterics couldnt quite keep my enthusiasm in and I may have whooped at the tv as if to say "Its Robert, the same week the #oldboysfromthedwarf are back at Shepperton we get to see Robert."

Robert spoke very well and got to say, I love his Jeremy Clarkson impression, his head movements were hysterical, there was one thing that I wonder if it was tongue in cheek "All his Friends are bankers." line.

But the "They've got the right to drive a big car, verrry fast." line summed it all superbly.

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

That's a great little video. I'd like things like this to end up as extras on the DVD.

I especially like Robert at the end slightly misquoting Terrorform.

15. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Nobody likes an accurate quoter :-p

16. Freeborn

Thanks for the link :-). Ah good old Bobby, as level headed and profound as always. I agree with every word (apart from the word "and"), which is usually the case when it comes to Mr Llewellyn.

Edit; oh, apart from the black nurses comment of course ;-) although nohting would would surprise me when it comes to Clarkson. :lol:

17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

This Clarkson thing is all over the front pages of the newspapers today. The media really are great at turning little things into national crises.

18. Freeborn

JMC wrote;
    Ooh, concise eh?, and by my standards, incredibly short too. Woohoo! Success :-).

Yep, *sings* That's infotainment, that's infotainment ooh.

19. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

You'd think there were more important things going on in the world, but clearly not. Useful tip for anybody planning something major that could attract hefty media attention: get Clarkson to open his mouth the day before, and nobody will care that you've blown up France or something.

20. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Unsurprisingly, I already have him on speed dial! :-D