Eeep!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by supercat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Apparently... And this is apparently, Clarkson told the Production team he was going to say what he said before the programme aired, if I didnt have such a headache I'd get all analytical here and say how if this is indeed true then obviously hes not as "All that" as he makes out he is if he's going to Auntie to pass this by before he says it.

2. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

This probably wouldn't work.
    If you blew up France and someone from "TOWIE" or "X Factory" was there on holiday, chances are it would be all over the papers.

3. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Danny John-Jules
    By the way, was in Knightsbridge at Adrian Milsom's today having my Cat and Duane teeth adjusted today.Does your jaw shrink when your old?

Um...

[EDIT]

Danny John-Jules
    I have not confirmed that Duane Dibbley is returning to Red Dwarf. .. Isn't it enough that I've got 1 Dwayne out there already?

4. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

:lol:

5. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Someone should complain about that, i mean surely dave wanna get the new shows over sea's

6. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Danny John-Jules
    We have not had scripts 3,4,5,6 Duane Dibbley could be in one but as of yet, only Doug Naylor knows. He's on twitter, ask him.

7. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

I saw this when he posted it and I think he may have possibly let the Cat out of the bag.

8. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

oh i really hope dwayne doesnt come back, as even though fans are asking with such excitment if he will return it will most likely be a very disapointing return and then will open the door to more doug has ran out of ideas remarks and i thought the whole point of this show was NEW ideas to keep the show fresh

i find it odd that they are testing the dwayne teeth out

9. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

He's said "2. Having all the teeth adjusted was generally covering all based."

10. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

yeah i dont quite understand what he meant by that :?::?

11. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Possibly he meant "Covering all bases"? But this is all speculation as the only one who ultimately does know is Doug.

12. supercat

supercat Console Officer

He's trying, and failing, to dig himself out of a hole. Let's hope I'm wrong, though!

13. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Theres going to be some of us who will/will not know if this is/is not true/false in a few weeks time.

14. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I don't mind Duane Dibbley making a return as long as it is fresh and funny. But I think it very easily risks coming across like Doug is rehashing old jokes.

I won't take Danny's comments as confirmation though. Perhaps he is trying to feed us misinformation to get us talking? Maybe he will be playing Duane Dibbley in some form of marketing but he won't actually appear in an episode?

15. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i agree if dibbley is done well then fine, but if dougs doing it as a audiance pleaser then im very nervous for this new series

i mean maybe it will be apart of a cat episode, but still it may be better for doug just to leave the character alone

16. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

I'm still a bit gutted about the fact there'll be no Holly in series Ten.

I know Norman isn't exactly on song atm but what have they got against bringing Hattie back?

Slightly biased because Holly is my favourite character (always had a soft spot for floaty heads as a kid...think it came from Gamesmaster!) but annoyed about how they have treated this character over the years...

17. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

We still need to consider budget. I can't imagine they have a huge budget for RDX. As much as I like holly, I don't think (s)he is a necesity and personally I would prefer money be spent on thing that could enhance the story more.

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Red Dwarf no longer needs Holly. The character was pretty much an essential part of series 1 and 2, but outside of that style of series he/she is superfluous.

19. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I feel i oppose your view, but i'm unable to give a more structured response unless you elaborate more on your opinion.

20. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i actally think doug would bring holly back if norman lovett was interested, but it goes back to that problem that has been mentioned quite abit when it comes to hatties holly and thats the writers had trouble fleshing out her holly without doing the dumb blonde routine which they didnt feel comfortable doing

i suppose doug will use the no holly thing as a way of stiring things up on the ship, with things going wrong and the crew struggling