Episode 1 -remastered, Stupid Holly=bad move

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by shireknight, Nov 6, 2011.

1. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Well it failed then. Nothing dates quicker than bad cgi.

Maybe they should remaster Blackadder, or The Young Ones, or Steptoe & Son to make them better looking comedy programmes for an international audience? :x

2. Almighty_crj

Almighty_crj First Technician

That's not avoiding my question now is it? Funnier or Better looking?
    oh and Nothing dates quicker than bad video effects. Season 1's littered with them.

They already have remastered Blackadder.

3. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

I don't know why they did it, well just for financial reasons, its not funnier & its not better looking. I see no point in remastering a sitcom. & you are wrong, the cgi has dated quicker than the original fx. But I don't care that a BBC2 sitcom from the 80s looks like a BBC2 sitcom from the 80s. I still watch old episodes of Hancocks Half Hour without wishing they were remastered.

4. Almighty_crj

Almighty_crj First Technician

I don't mind a sitcom from the 1980's looking like a sitcom from the 1980's. That's the forgiveness.

What I can't stand is this lovely idea that the remastered is somehow down in quality compared the originals. The original were a dog of an 80's sitcom & the remasters were a dog of the a nineties sitcom for largely different reasons.

Sorry Doug, if you're reading btw - good luck with RDX.

5. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

The worst effect I think in the remastered episodes is the added heads during the funeral scene in The End. They just look incredibly fake and it completely ruins the scene. I can't believe people looked at it and though "Yup, that looks better than it did before". :roll:

6. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

No because I think they were better for the most part! Please don't speak on my behalf! :x

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Why are you quoting a post from 2011?

8. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Because i wished to get an answer!