Episode 1 - Trojan

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by pad_ehh, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I thought she was very good. I was impressed by both guest actors.

2. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

I've laughed more and am more interested in the episode of Series 4 currently broadcasting on Dave than the first episode of Series 10.

I really, really, really hope that the next episode is better, but the preview doesn't fill me with much hope.

Roberts overacting whilst on the phone, the entire shopping channel sub-plot, the gurning faces and the entire Kryten outfit were really bad. I would say I've actually enjoyed most of Series 7 than this. I'm gutted.

3. Jimbothon

Jimbothon Skutter

Very good episode, reminded me of the old Dwarf days. Chris Barrie stole that episode with that performance in many people's opinions.

4. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

that was great cant wait till next week:-D

5. lemonhead

lemonhead Second Technician

Mark Dexter was excellent. A really enjoyable episode, definitely got a lot of laughs out of me. :-D

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Give me Trojan over Camille any day.

7. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I do think that the episode was better than anything series 8 had to offer. I give it a solid 6/10 and it has been reported it is one of the worst episodes so I think we are in for a good ride.

8. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

that was great cant wait till next week:-D

9. ben996

ben996 First Technician

You say you didn't like Series 8 as it was silly but tonight's episode was very silly and felt like a Series 8 episode to me, from Lister and Kryten jumping up and down, to the over-done rainbow eyes as they have a deformed attack (like 4 times it happened), a series 8 style to me and while I enjoyed the episode it makes me thing Doug should never write a full series by himself again his episodes do feel slightly "cartoony"

10. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I do think that the episode was better than anything series 8 had to offer. I give it a solid 6/10 and it has been reported it is one of the worst episodes so I think we are in for a good ride.

11. TommyAtkins

TommyAtkins Skutter

Completely surpassed what I expected it would be! I was fearing it would be an unfunny outdated attempt at bringing back a classic. When infact I was given the opposite! It wasn't an epic masterpiece that dominated all that had come before, (well RD is a masterpiece anyway, but in comparing it to the other series,) but it was Red Dwarf, it was like the series had never ceased. Its just like the originals, not worse and not better, just what I had dreamed of. As for the jokes and puns, modernised, hilarious and laugh out loud! Whenever I normally watch sitcoms I really enjoy them but I never laugh; Its really hard to make me laugh, only Red Dwarf and Dad's Army did (, bar series 7, that is definitely my least favourite, too immature and witless to be RD,) and that wasn't even a great laugh but RDX made me chuckle till I choked! Quite literally! Naylor, Grant, you've done us all proud and brought us back to what made Red Dwarf good, and this time Grant if this gets the ratings it needs and more series come I expect you to stay on it, not leave like you did last time. Have you seen series 7? One of you two is good, but both of you together make masterpieces! And if you see it going downhill, then bring it back before its too late or finish it with a bang. After all wasn't it you two who came up with:

Better dead then Smeg!

Oh and for the record, I thought it would be 6/10, I found it a 9.5/10!

12. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

Camille's one of my favourite episodes, but there are several fan favourite episodes I would probably not rate as highly as Trojan.

13. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Being objective, I'd say it's the best Dwarf since series 6.

14. Aimi

Aimi Catering Officer

A great start to a new series :-) It's so much better with the live audience, it was funnier than B2E definitely!

15. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

must say the title sequence seemed terrible, it looked really weird and gave me grave doubts for the show, but I didn't think the first 5 mins were that awful. A touch towards the cheesy series 8, but there were enough moments later on to keep it clever and funny. I thought craig fitted back into the role of Lister really well apart from a bit of overacting on the whole losing it whilst the simulant was holding them at gunpoint. He looks good as lister though, didn't really noticed he's aged. Chris overall did a good job and Danny was pretty good though perhaps edging torwards series VIII sometimes. Robert didn't overact except a bit when he was getting mad on the phone, but just the way he was moving his legs, the voice acting was good. But his mask looks really weird. He doesn't look like Kryten.

But the moose gag with rimmer was really funny, so was the bit with howard revealing the truth and cat walking around with the map. Plus several other bits were good for a chuckle.

16. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

I hope you lovely bunch recorded this, because I need to see it >:-D

17. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

comedy wise it was good, and next weeks episode shocking stuff

18. ben996

ben996 First Technician

I noticed the title sequence said "starring craig charles" etc like BTE, not really keen on that tbh maybe it was Dave's choice who knows

19. ben996

ben996 First Technician

I noticed the title sequence said "starring craig charles" etc like BTE, not really keen on that tbh maybe it was Dave's choice who knows

20. blaggard

blaggard First Technician

BUMP :-)