Episode 1 - Trojan

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by pad_ehh, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Rewcastle

Rewcastle Second Technician

That one line. The Cat talking about Red Dwarf

"That thing is slower than the speed of dark"

That really really got me!

Also, what happened to Kryten???

2. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Ah ok, my family were talking over that bit I guess. Thanks

3. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Even more than what? My predicted score of 6/10, which wouldn't indicate that I will "hate it". How on earth is 6/10 a predicted score from someone who will "hate it"?!?

What? No one is doing that. This is a UK show, & like many shows it has a domestic release followed by an international one. For example Grimm, Once Upon A Time & Dexter have all started their new seasons in the US but their international broadcast follows later. No one is "refusing to allow" UK viewers the chance to watch it, they just have to wait.

Anyway, my predicted score of 6/10 remains after viewing. It was far superior to anything I have seen since series 6, how could it be any worse? Some obvious gags & overacting, from Robert Llewellyn in particular, but genuinely amusing in parts.

First major error, Rimmer has failed his astronav exams 11 times not 9!!! :x

4. magnetiser

magnetiser Third Technician

A few OTT moments, but overall an excellent start to the series. I'm loving the fact that we have 5 more weeks of this to come! :-)

5. Skemekos

Skemekos Third Technician

I will have the download link up soon guys.:-D

6. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

That was great was like being back in the 90's, they still got it, Wanted Chris too play his bro though like in timeslides. Very strong 1988.

7. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Yeah I'm not keen on that either. Oh well. But generally the clips chosen didn't grab me, and like BTE the shots looks a bit strange, something about how it's been filmed I guess. But the actual episode was pretty good in my opinion.

8. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Don't post piracy links here, or I'll delete your account.

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

if anything has to be improved id say.... now i can't believe im saying this but the story was abit off, it pehaps needed more things explained occationally, for example why howard was apparently hard light hologramme and how this adroid channel still selling products ect ect

but otherwise its a good start

10. Skemekos

Skemekos Third Technician

OK.

11. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I really enjoyed this ep. It has a very different feel to it (in a good way). I loved the sci-fi element to the 'fight scene'. As well as Lister's angry phone rant, which may or may not have been a satirical/spoofy take on the movie 'Network': "I'm a human being god damn it! My life has value!"

I need to watch it at least once more to form an objective overall view, but I was very pleased with this ep - a heck of a lot better than the ep showing right now (Camille) in my opinion.

I do have a few minor complaints however, as been said by others the first few minutes seemed a little shaky at times, and a few of the gags were a bit predictable, but most of the humour was very satisfactory indeed.

I'm loving the look and feel of the show. For the most part this feels like RD should be in 2012 to me. :-D

12. Parrott71

Parrott71 Skutter

Well I enjoyed it and there were plenty of laughs from the start 8/10,

13. ben996

ben996 First Technician

Yeah that's what I think, a pretty good episode but not fantastic. Some over the top bits and predictable moments but a solid episode nevertheless

14. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

At the very end of the opening credits, was that Red Dwarf blowing up? It certainly seemed like it.

I wish they had have dropped the names in the opening credits . Doesn't feel right. Brings back even more memories of BTE.

15. Parrott71

Parrott71 Skutter

Well I enjoyed it and there were plenty of laughs from the start 8/10,

16. ajrimmer2012

ajrimmer2012 Third Technician

It was nice the episode was dedicated to Jo Howard - sad to know that another Red Dwarf staff member has passed but try and think that's she linked to a well-loved TV comedy series.

I loved tonight's ep - it takes a lot to disappoint me and Red Dwarf didn't do that... looking forward to next week's episode!

17. Rewcastle

Rewcastle Second Technician

Think the androids were selling products because they were stuck in a program loop? The idea of these androids selling products to a near extinct race due to their programming is hilarious in my opinion. Not to mention an old skool joke :lol:

18. Mark42

Mark42 Skutter

Very good, better than I expected, enjoyed it a lot, and great to have it back.
    Only real downside for me was, as already mentioned, the Kryten suit looking pretty poor- looks like it was done in a hurry.

19. SgtSmileyUK

SgtSmileyUK Console Officer

I loved it like it was my first time again, ahhhhhh Thanks guys top job all round.
    I find no flaws, it was as it was , and it is what it is - Red Dwarf-
    I laughed , I watched, I laughed some more, the only bad thing is I have to wait a week to watch even more.
    yes I did miss Holly , (except when im playing my red dwarf game- ahem )
    Loved it