RDXII EPISODE 2 - SILICONIA - DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Seb, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

This is the official thread for discussion of the content of the episode SILICONIA. Once the episode has appeared on UKTV Play (and NOT before), this thread may be used to discuss any and all elements of the episode. Anyone who has not seen the episode who enters this thread does so at their own risk!

Until the episode airs on Dave, you may continue to discuss it in other threads (as well as here), but only in relation to officially-released information. Once it has aired on Dave, it can be discussed in any thread in the "Red Dwarf XI/XII" conference, but you may not put plot details in thread titles.

For more information on the spoiler policy, please read this thread.

2. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

With regards to broadcasters and the teams who manage the publication of on demand content, I often wonder what's so damn difficult about making sure a highly anticipated show (which they love to boast about how it can be previewed early through that medium) is published on time every week. Why do these teams not have a system that automatically publishes this stuff at the same time? Why do these teams not just have some person or people whose job it is to publish it at a specific time, every week?

I'm not complaining, just an observation...

3. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

Actually, am I even remembering correctly?

Will they put Ep 2 on UKTV play in the morning/early afternoon (as it was last week) or will it be after the Ep 1 broadcast on Dave tonight, or will it be tomorrow?

I have a vague recollection it could be tomorrow but not sure. Would be ideal to get an answer so I can just concentrate on other stuff for the day ;-)

2X4B-523P likes this.
  4. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

The UKTV player says 'Next on today at 9pm', which I'm assuming (but really don't know) is the time episode 2 will be available online. Dave have only mentioned 'today' that i've noticed.

5. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

9pm tonight is when Ep 1 is broadcast. I think I'm beginning to remember from last year that we won't actually see Ep 2 on UKTV Play until tomorrow.

6. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

That was true last year after episode 1 however Dave and UK Play have both said it will be today, so I reckon it will be available either at 9pm or maybe at 9:45 after Cured has aired.

7. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Well, if they're going to say today, they could at least do the decent thing, pull a Krysis and throw it up two days early.

Asclepius and Pembers like this.
  8. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

They didn't leave you in charge of uploading it did they? It'll wind up as a Christmas special.

9. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

It makes sense that the second episode just will not be put up before the first episode has even aired on Dave. So anytime after the 1st ep has gone out on Dave I would expect 'Siliconia' to be uploaded to UKTVPlay, but that could mean anytime after 9.45pm. Yeah I wish they would just announce the time.

10. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

I'm gonna go and find some posts I made last year. I'm 99% sure now the UKTVPlay'ers didn't get the pleasure of the preview episode until the Friday (in other words, NOT a week early, but 6 days...)

11. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Yup ! that's exactly how I remember it.

12. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

Can confirm.

Samsara discussion was created and people started discussing the episode on Friday 23rd September 2016.

So, see you tomorrow, guys :-)

13. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I do believe they've actually said it would be the full week early this year though.

I wonder if they've actually got no episode and are waiting as long as possible to tell us.

14. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

15. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

Funny but I seem to remember watching the new dwarf after getting home from work on Thursdays on UKTV Play, but thinking back it could just as easily have been Fridays. Never mind, whichever, I'm looking forward to my second watch of 'Cured' tonight, and in theory will still have new dwarf to watch tomorrow. Bright side, folks!

16. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

It happened last year too. The episodes didn't appear until Friday. I'm still refreshing the app every so often just in case.....!

17. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

Cured went up Thursday around 9am. If the usual day is going to be Friday then why have the first day be Thursday.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  18. bilbobagenz

bilbobagenz Third Technician

It's up now to watch

ClareGC and Pembers like this.
  19. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

I'm going in! :-D

Matthew Polson likes this.
  20. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

At pub will watch when home.