Episode 3 - Lemons.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by KingR76, Oct 13, 2012.

1. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Yep, I know its a few days early and I wasn't going to create this thread until Wednesday but having seen this picture that just made me laugh out loud (rather hysterically may I add) I felt it best to start it today.

So, homeboys lets get this partay started, and wax lyrical :-) Your predictions, views, opinions, etc.

I for one, cannot wait for this to air.

[​IMG]

2. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I'm not really sure what is going on in that picture.

3. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

It's Camille going into labour to have Kryten's half mechanoid, half blob babies.

4. SleepySoul

SleepySoul Third Technician

Quite a strange image to use for this episode, but i'm glad they didn't use another I could think of.

5. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

They are helping to deliver the baby Jesus.

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

This is the controversial episode that could really get everyone talking. It's going to be interesting.

7. simulant37

To be honest I don't understand how meeting an historical person is controversial. Will have to wait & see.

8. Slainmonkey

That would be controversial that Rimmer, Lister and they Cat would infact be the 3 wise men.......I use that term loosely.

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i'd imagine they are constructing the machine that takes them back in time, its just very dramatic way of doing it to be funny

10. omnomnominous

omnomnominous Third Technician

I'm just hoping it's not going to be controversial for the sake of it, i.e. deliberately shocking to try and provoke reactions. I doubt Naylor would do that, it's never seemed to be the Dwarf 'way' before but I'm still mildly worried after having seen the feedback for episode 2(even though I'm sure the negative reactions to that were unintended)

Reserving my judgment though, I'm still excited and intrigued.

11. Slainmonkey

By that ruins simmy's joke :x

12. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

there was a joke? :eek:

13. Ally1990

Ally1990 First Technician

A TV guide I read today described the first fifteen minutes as having 'great characterization' but the last fifteen minutes as having 'painfully predictive' jokes about the subject matter.

I'm apprehensive but I'll reserve judgment.

14. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

It's already potentially controversial for me personally (and millions of other people) as I'm far from convinced that he even existed *(as written in a certain book) as a genuine historical person.

*Although obviously there were quite likely many people of that name during that time period. So who's to say at this point that it's the same chap we all think it is? ;-)

And of course it may or may not be considered controversial to some religious folk too, albeit for completely different reasons to my own, depending on how the character is portrayed. And both myself and afore mentioned religious folk are equally entitled to our views, obviously. Neither should really be offended by the other's views...not that I'm saying they/we don't have a right to be offended though..

However, all that said I personally I have a feeling that the whole controversy issue will prove to be a big fuss about nothing...could be very wrong about that though.

Edit: Missed out the word "be"

15. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I've never seen IKEA furniture assembled like this before!

I am intrigued as to how Jesus will turn up in either England or India. Was he on his holidays? I know it's speculated that he came to England in the song "Jerusalem" but I always took that as English bluster.

Interesting casting though, Jesus appearing to be white and speaking with a strange English accent.

Yeah, I'm not even going to go there...;-)

16. simulant37

I don't believe he existed. But that doesn't make his appearance in a sci-fi sitcom controversial. . .

17. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Actually, yeah that's a fair point.

Edit: Although it would certainly come as a surprise to Rimmer (and I imagine the rest of the crew if it turns out that he does exist in the in-show reality :-)

18. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

the part that's interesting to me is that Lister is an Atheist, as stated in this quote from "Back to Reality"
    "Well that's the final irony, isn't it? Lister, the ultimate Atheist, turns out in fact to be GOD!"
    (Although in "The Last Day" he claims to be a Pantheist)

So meeting Jesus might cause a little disbelief.

19. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I'm going to let this one slide for now, but I don't want there to be a race every week to be the OP of an episode thread, earlier and earlier. So with the exception that you can continue to discuss Lemons in this thread only, I'd remind you that in other weeks you should only discuss upcoming eps in the spoiler thread until they're broadcast. I want to keep management of spoiler discussion as simple as possible, and I'd appreciate your help with this.

(After all, some people are going as far as to avoid ep titles. Having a thread with the title before broadcast potentially spoils that.)

20. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Sorry Seb. My only defence is the picture that I saw earlier kind of got me quite excited, true sometimes my enthusiasm knows no boundaries and perhaps if I hadn't of gotten so excited I would have waited until Wednesday to have posted this. :-)