Episode 3 - Lemons.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by KingR76, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Haha. Love it :-) It's funny, from my experience the type of folk who do tend to just blindly believe such obvious nonsense and biased BS in the likes of the Daily Mail are also usually the type to waffle on about not trusting everything they read online.

All information should be questioned and researched of course, but it especially baffles me when people feel that mainstream media is somehow more trustworthy because it's either on the TV or typed on paper and sold in shops...very strange indeed.

As for the separate series 7 and 8 discussion, yes of course they should've been made, many fans get a lot of enjoyment from them. Some even prefer series 8 as it was the first RD series they ever watched. It's not a favourite of mine personally but I do enjoy watching it back every now and then on DVD.

To wish to take that away is pure selfishness. If you don't like series 7 and/or 8 for whatever reason then don't watch them. :P

Additional: Series X is already better than series 4. Fact....well, okay not fact - opinion, but whatever! ;-)

Additional-additional: Lemons is awesome! 8)

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Aren't Dave's six highest ratings of all-time Red Dwarf episodes?

There were three parts to Back to Earth, and there have been three episodes of series X so far. I think all these achieved ratings of over a million each on first broadcast.

3. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Thats was great Bedfordfalls, I don't buy newspapers at all and this reminded me why I don't. :-)

4. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

Seriously though, why do you mind that much? You don't have to watch RD if you don't want to and even if only one episode in all 21 in the series you mentioned was good, wouldn't it be worth it? Like I said, if you don't like it, ignore it.:-)

5. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

I have made my feelings known. I abhor 7, 8 & BtE. They are an affront to the great legacy of Red Dwarf prior to Rob Grant's departure!!! AN AFFRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

6. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

Yes :x but they led to the one episode you enjoyed, didn't they? You didn't even waste time watching most of Series VII and VIII so what's the problem?

7. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

And JJ ABRAMS RAPED MY CHILDHOOD!!!!!

Baring in mind I realise this account is a parody of....something or other (norman....) it does sound a lot like how a small percentage of Trekkies got their Knickers in a twist about the 2009 movie being (as the Onion so brilliant put it:-) fun and entertaining.
    Yet for the VAST majority of people, the movie was brilliant and made Star Trek relevant again.
    The old fans still have their old DVDs (or blue rays if you see some of the great HD remastering work being done over there...take note Doug!) and no-one can take them from them, but everyone else can enjoy some new adventures as well.

At the end of the day you're more than entitled to your negative opinion of......everything, but isn't it better that new Dwarf is made, to which I'm sure you approach with a complete open mind, then you get to watch, decide for yourself if you like it or not and then ignore in the high likelyhood that you hate it.

Better that way than people being denied the opportunity for new episodes which they're enjoying because of a small but vocal minority of internet posters.

8. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Let Simmy like or hate or feel what he does about post Rob Grant Dwarf all he wants, it doesn't shape our views on it. It surely doesn't make us enjoy Red Dwarf X anymore then we have been......though it is annoying when he says people are "wrong" for their own opinions that differs to his own, his entitled so hate it as much as he wants. It's the truth as far as his concerned and his entitled to it, an opinion can never truly be wrong because it differs from person to person.

While many would disagree with me I do think Star Trek 2009 is horrible but not for the reasons most Trekkies have said. It's a part of what I deem to be the lowest form of film making and that's what I refer that as "Trailer films". By that it's a film that has no redeeming value but is made to have scenes that look flashy in a trailer. Hearing how much that film was praised I was astounded by how juvenile and how little of the plot makes sense just on contrived plot elements and character actions that make no sense that crudely stumbles into the next in a way that seems to have no justifiable reason then to move the plot (I use the word plot loosely) forward. The film is a barely coherent mess that only seems to appeal to people because it has lots of things blowing up and even that's hard to see under excessive shaky cam and lense flares. It's not it's connection to Star Trek (which has more then it's share of blunders) that makes it a terrible film, but the fact it's such hollow Micheal Bay style nonsense that does.

But my beef with mainstream Hollywood shouldn't matter anyone else other then myself, people will enjoy or hate things for their own reasons. We can agree or disagree but at the end it doesn't matter. We all have an opinion on something and it would be an awfully dull place if everyone agreed all the time.

9. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I was joking about top gear. A good joke too.:roll:

10. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Aren't jokes supposed to be amusing?

11. Seymour_Clufley

Seymour_Clufley First Technician

I don't know if you already know this, but pre-BTE Red Dwarf could not be remastered into HD because it was shot on video, not film.

12. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I thought Series VIII was shot on film, hence why it looks cleaner then the others shot during the BBC years.

13. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Nope, they were just using better equipment by that point (and editing digitally too). I'm sure the three year gap between VI and VII gave the tech time to improve, or at least gave the BBC time to finally buy some cameras that weren't twenty friggin' years old.

14. Diet_coke

Yes and I think you'll find, this was amusing.

15. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Just reread this from the Ganymede and Titan Set 5 Report:

"Following the completion of two thirds of episode 5, Craig and Danny were carted off for a costume change to perform a pick up for the beginning of episode 3. Bobby was brought in to record a reshoot of a two-word sentence from another episode (would it be too much of a spoiler to note the line? What the hell – “Enjoy, sir!”), and Craig and Danny then emerged to redo the opening scene of episode 3 (and fill the studio with the smell of freshly cooked meat – mmmm!)"

This is quite possibly why the "Ganymede and Titan, yessir I've been around." wasn't in it.

16. Diet_coke

Well, seems as though we've moved onto discussing episode 4 and people have stopped posting in this thread now.

So I will have the final word and draw the conclusion.

And in conclusion. This was a great episodes, loved by al

17. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

but it sucked

18. Kipperbein

Kipperbein Second Technician

Getting back on track........

I really enjoyed 'Lemons' :-D8)

The Red Dwarf resurgence continues 8)

19. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

I felt it was a strong episode. In ways, it was flawed, but the jokes were strong IMO. The story was creative, I think. I enjoy this very much, and it has become second best in the series so far to me, with Trojan being best.

20. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Al? Who's he?...Well, whoever he is I agree with him. ;-)