Episode 3 - Lemons.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by KingR76, Oct 13, 2012.

1. blaggard

blaggard First Technician

You can call me Al

Dooooo, doob doob doob.

2. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Great song.

3. Navior

Navior Skutter

I'm a bit late with my review this week, but I finally got it written and posted. While I thought it had a bit of a slow start, I enjoyed the episode overall. You can read my review on my blog.

4. KrytensPenis

KrytensPenis Third Technician

Not yet, and no you won't :P

I must be one of a minority who thought it pretty much sucked. It was better than Meltdown but that's not saying too much.

TBF what put me off originally was the portrayal of Jesus who I thought was incredibly miscasted, but then afterwards with the realisation that it wasn't THE Jesus of Nazareth that I felt some sense of relief. But this not quite the messiah Jesus still felt horribly miscasted all the same. He just wasn't believable as a character, and as such didn't come as a big surprise when we discover he isn't the son of god. Maybe the miscast was deliberate, but for me it didn't work well.

It's also another episode where Chris Barrie has disappointed. He seems more uncomfortable in the role these days. He doesn't appear to be his old vexed annoyable self sharp=tongued anymore and instead comes across as a bit of a buffoon. Cat didn't really have much to do either.

Well, I'm sure it will get better with tomorrow's episode which looks pretty good already from the trailer to me.

5. KrytensPenis

KrytensPenis Third Technician

Where I think it could have been a lot better.

Years ago in the earlier episode timelines, he would've more than likely gave JC a piece of his mind for "turning Judas into a Judas" and thus being middle-named after him.

He may had even gone as far as to try change history so that Judas became the crucified messiah instead and somehow Jesus as the betrayer who betrayed Judas, just so his middle name would sound more heroic. Of course he would have to somehow stitch JC up for it to work.

But then his half-baked plan would naturally backfire as his middle-name would also change accordingly, and so he would then try to put it right again. There would have to be a bit more to it than this for it all to work, but that would have been more to the old Rimmer I remember :lol:

6. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Lemons is my all time favourite Episode.

7. kayzee

kayzee Skutter

Best episode of the series so far, no doubt... not that that's saying much.

A couple of good lines in there for sure. Felt it would have been more interesting to actually go along with the idea of what the machine was meant to do! So they got younger or whatever.

Haven't watched episode 4 yet as my recording mucked up but have heard from people at work that it's pretty awful :-(

8. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Don't worry, people at work are rarely correct about anything. ;-)

9. Sparky

Sparky Supply Officer

LOL, I think you need to rewatch all of series 1-6 then come back and say that again... :P

In my opinion, Waiting For God is probably the worst 'classic' series episode, and Lemons was far worse than that.

10. ben996

ben996 First Technician

Well said, Waiting for God is the worst episode of 1-6 but is still funny and has a solid story and plenty of laughs, and yes Lemons didn't really have a good story, wasn't very funny and had so many bad bits which were cringworthy

11. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Lemons is my all time favourite Episode.

(This is MY opinion and I wont deviate from this)

The subject is closed.

12. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Will it possibly deviate on the basis of any future episodes?

13. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Of course, I was just stating that out of every episode I've seen I have favourites or ones that I've really enjoyed that are in my top ten as it were and as such Lemons has stormed ahead and made it to MY top spot - clearly we all have our favourites indeed some of us have our facvourite series but yep.

14. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

im sorry i don't believe lemons is anyone's Favorite episode

15. ben996

ben996 First Technician

This.

16. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

Random:?

17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

So both of you believe King Richard to be lying?

18. ben996

ben996 First Technician

I mean I can't see how anyone can think Lemons is their favourite, I mean I understand if people really like it well done to them but favourite all time? Can't see it

19. ben996

ben996 First Technician

I believe him if I says it, I mean I'm glad someone loves the episode so much as I didn't really like it but best episode ever? Maybe top 5 but best?

20. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I don't say why it's so hard to believe, it's a very subjective thing and think it's been the second best series x episode so far. Peoples opinions are varied, as I have said before I have seen people say that Pete part 2 was their all time favourite episode and stating how funny Archie was. I on the other hand think that episode was nothing more then a smoldering pile of smeg.